Sunday, June 7, 2009

Grand Rapids, Michigan.

We're on our way to Michigan for the Amy Wenzel Workshop. michigan1
Here's my traveling buddy Amanda...I'm so glad to have a friend with me. I can't imagine having done something like this by myself. We're excited and eager to learn.
michigan9
As soon as we settled into the hotel room, we hit the town and braved the art festival. Funny thing, there was no art...mainly just weird food. We were not excited about the food at all and had to find something more normal at the tavern.
michigan8
michigan6
These beautiful flowers were all over town.
michigan7
The view from our hotel room. We faced the Gerald Ford Presidential Museum
michigan
This woman was literally the first thing we saw. I could not stop cracking up.
michigan2
We were soooo nervous about meeting Amy and all the other women attending the workshop. Here we are right before walking out the door to go have drinks.

Long story short, after an hour and a half of drinks Amy had to leave the workshop. Her husband David had had a seizure earlier in the day in San Fransisco and it is suspected that he may have a brain tumor. I feel like this is all a bad dream. I feel terribly for the Wenzels. I wouldn't want to change lives with them for anything. No idea what's going to happen with the workshop.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

CRAP!!!!! Ha! :) If meeting you, Amanda and Carli was the best thing to come from this trip....well, I'm good! Love the recap...kinda depressing, but still loved it!

Kristen said...

Why didn't we see that girl????? Crap!!!

Kristen said...

Why didn't we see that girl??!!! Crap!!!

Amanda Key said...

I hate pictures of myself!!! Yuck!!! Went to the gym today. miss ya.