Monday, June 8, 2009

Grand Rapids, Michigan. Day One.

So this has to have been the saddest, most disappointing days. We anxiously arrived at the location of the workshop for breakfast and some sort of news as to what to expect for the next few days. Amy's friend Kelly was there to tell us that Amy had flown to San Fransisco to be with her husband and that our long awaited, super expensive workshop was canceled. A thousand thoughts flooded my brain. I tried to put myself in Amy's position...of course I would want to be with Daniel. I don't know that I would have let anything stop me. Still, I'm human. And I thought what about me?. We talked for an hour or so and set off for the hotel. Amanda and I had much to discuss...should we go home, could we go home and at what expense, should we stay in Michigan with nothing to do? After talking for a few minutes, we decided that we'd already potentially lost money as there is no guarantee for a refund, that we'll be able to attend another workshop, that Amy will be in a position to host another workshop...we may as well just enjoy our time in this Michigan. Carli, Kristen, Melissa, Amanda and I shared a delicious lunch at Rose's. We then sat around the hotel room and swapped "notes" for hours.
michigan10
Look at all the laptops!
Later that evening, Amanda and I just had to get out. All we could think about was all that we were supposed to have experienced and learned throughout the day. The hotel room was dragging us down. We needed fresh air even though the weather wasn't ideal. Soooo....we walked along the river banks and then headed out for some icecream. Yum!
michigan3
michigan4

1 comment:

Amanda Key said...

I love the last picture. Great comp.