Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Grand Rapids, Michigan. Day Two.

Okay, so it's super hard to be here in Michigan and NOT be at the workshop we came for. It's really all we can do not to think about it. Last night, Amanda called Continental and we'd have to pay an additional $600+ in order to go home. Uggghhh. We asked around at the icecream shop last night and everyone recommend driving to Saugatuck to see the lake. Thank God we had a rental car. We made it to Saugatuck, but couldn't find the lake. Haha. Funny thing is that this lake is HUGE. After asking for directions and turning around several times, we finally found it! Oh, and we paid $5 to see it.
michigan19
Here we are in Saugatuck.
michigan20
The think they're cool too.
michigan17
This little harbor area was beautiful.
michigan11
We asked for directions in this Manufactured Housing Community...people, they're still trailer houses.
michigan16
Beautiful trees surrounded the roads to the beach.
michigan13
I felt invited to walk right into the water.
michigan14
michigan15
Here we are! The beach was okay, not at all what we'd expected, but we did make the most of it.
michigan12
Amanda and I shot one another on the beach. This is a fave!
michigan18
The flowers were the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. I love flowers and they seem to grow so abundantly in the North.
After finally finding something to eat, we decided to head back to Grand Rapids. We were cranky and hungry and tired. Once back in the city, we headed downtown to take a few more pictures.
michigan22
I LOVE these tree leaves.
michigan23
The buildings are pretty awesome.
michigan24
michigan25
This picture was hanging in our hotel so we attempted to recreate it ourselves.
michigan21
Then I caught one of myself in the reflection of the building.

2 comments:

Noel said...

They told us to see that city too, and we drove right through it on accident. we ended up over in south haven, and it was a cool little city. sounds like you tried to make the best of it. my account of the trip is here:http://boshimages.com/blog.

Jenny said...

Those pink flowers are fab! I love your shots... you are so talented.

To answer your question, I am thankful for Pandora because i can listen to music at my desk without having to purchase anything and the praise music keeps me calm throughout the day :)

Enjoy the rest of your trip... sorry it didn't turn out as you expected!