Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grand Rapids, Michigan. Day Three.

We started the day off with the BEST breakfast! I had an omelet stuffed with avocado, cheese and bacon. YUM! For dessert Amanda and I shared the hugest cinnamon roll ever.
michigan38
Then we headed to the Ford Museum...we've been staring out our window at it for days.
michigan53
I think I love American History, especially presidential history. It's super interesting to me.
michigan27
I thought this was very admirable to have said. Super cool quote!
michigan28
The only thing I would like about my husband being President is that my life would be chronicled in photos. I LOVE looking at all these old pictures.
michigan29
This one is so sweet.
michigan30
The SEVENTIES! I love piece signs!
michigan26
Okay, I hate shoes. But I know I would have hated these FAR more than the shoes we wear today.
michigan32
Check out this seventies' tv. Woah!
michigan31
Super cool. I would wear a tshirt like this now! Maybe we outta bring back the throw back.
michigan35
The 25th Amendment...this is how Ford got into the White House.
michigan33
Some of the Watergate tools that were used to break into the Democratic Party's National Committee offices.
michigan34
Because of his involvement in scandal, Vice President Agnew resigned from office. This meant, that under the 25th Amendment, President Nixon could then appoint a new VP.
michigan36
michigan39
michigan340
Somehow, Gerald Ford was nominated to become Vice President.
michigan37
Clearly, he was a favorite. Months after Ford became VP, Nixon was in the hot seat.
michigan55
He soon resigned. Gerald R. Ford became the nation's first ever unelected President of the US.
michigan41
Ford's oval office.
michigan48
Then came a tough call...what to do about Nixon. I read this entire letter. Ford felt that the nation had finally somewhat restored itself and did not want a delayed trial to cause more division among the people. This led to Ford's pardoning of Nixon. Many people wrote President Ford to voice their approval/disapproval. I loved looking at the language they used in their letters and seeing how passionate they felt about the entire situation.
michigan40
michigan43
Ford ran for the Republican ticket against Ronald Raegan in 1976 and won. He would be opposed to the Democratic ticket winner Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Carter won the Presidential election.
michigan42
Someone tried to kill President Ford, I believe twice in one day.
michigan44
Ford has three granddaughters with the same names as me and my sisters.
michigan45
I think this seal is gorgeous.
michigan49
We walked around the museum after the tour. It is really pretty.
michigan50
Downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan.
michigan54
michigan46
This fuzzy stuff floated all around the air. It was coming at me while I was driving.
michigan47
Finally we found out what the heck it was!
michigan51
Looks like a Cottonwood tree!

No comments: