Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Two Weeks Old.

After a really long night, Parker and I grabbed a venti Starbucks and then went in for his two week well visit at the pediatrician's office. My boy is growing quickly! He weighs 7 pounds 14 oz, and is 21 1/4 inches. Goodness! I knew we were nursing a lot, but didn't realize it would have such an effect and so quickly. The PKU is HORRIBLE. I hated watching them press and squeeze blood from his heel. He did well - screamed his head off - and I finally got to hold him. I LOVE LOVE LOVE our pediatrician's office. They are so friendly and make a new mama feel much more comfortable that I would otherwise. I spoke with a lactation consultant and she seems to think I'm doing things pretty well. Thank GOD Parker nurses well; I'm just slightly frustrated at how often he's nursing. It feels like that's all we do, but I know in a few weeks we'll figure it out and have more of a routine. To say that I am exhausted does not begin to describe my level of tiredness. I broke down in the office when I shared that my Bebe passed away Saturday and her funeral is today at 2pm. My heart is definitely torn. I definitely feel sadness about not being able to celebrate Bebe's life with our family. I KNOW that I am where I should be. Holding my boy to my chest and kissing those sweet lips makes my world better. Dr. Yu did mention that we can begin tummy time, so after his bath Daniel decided he'd show Park what it's all about.
parker - 68
parker - 69

No comments: