Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Mother's Day

My son is almost three weeks old. I'm tired. I feel run over by a semi. My life isn't mine anymore. The house is usually a mess. I haven't cooked in forever. The laundry is piling up. All I do is nurse. None of my clothes fit. The dogs are driving me crazy. When Parker cries, I cry. I can't seem to nap but so desperately need to. I'm up alone every few hours all night long. Nursing, oh nursing! I knew motherhood wouldn't be easy, but I had no idea. Really, none. The JOB is an honor. Every time I look into my Parker's eyes, I forget everything else. I am completely in love, more in love with my sweet son than I've ever been with anyone before. I didn't know my heart could swell to hold such love. Even in my exhaustion and frustration, I look at Park and I know that this journey through parenthood is and will continue to be worthwhile. Being a Mama is a such a spiritual thing...finally, I can fathom (in only the smallest way) how my heavenly Father loves me. Being entrusted with another human being's life is a gift I do not deserve. Oh, darling Parker Wilson - this Mama loves you more than I can possibly say. All the days of our life together, I will try to simply show you how much you mean to me.
parker - 78
parker - 79
parker - 80
So that I could get out of the house, we made a quick drive to Nav to see Mom for Mother's Day and just hang out for a few hours. It felt wonderful to have somewhere to be. I miss being out and about. So that we didn't have to cook and clean, we ordered La Casita. Amy stopped by on her way home to Houston so that she could meet Parker man and share a few kisses with him. What a great day!
parker - 81

No comments: