Thursday, May 19, 2011

Parker {One Month}

Parker Wilson,
I can't believe you are already ONE MONTH old. It feels like you have always been a part of our lives. I can't believe how in love with you I am. I just look at you and tears roll down my face. I marvel at creation, the love of our Lord and of course how sweet and perfect you are. It's been a rough few weeks, sweet boy. Your Mama has felt out of control and crazy as my hormones are all over the place. I am exhausted and haven't slept more than a few hours at a time. You are completely worth it. I know I'll soon forget what an adjustment motherhood has been and will be wishing you were still this tiny.
parker - 103
Eating: Since the day you were born, food has been important to you. You've nursed from the very beginning. I love watching you root, making your precious bird lips as you get excited about nursing. I am proud that I have been able to feed you. You are such a good eater that you have grown so much and even impressed your pediatrician with your weight gain! The first week you nursed just a few minutes on each side, week 2 about 20 minutes every 1.5-2 hours, week 3 about 45 minutes every 1.5 hours and now you're nursing for about 1 hour at a time every 2 hours. Mama is so so tired. During the night, we used to go to your room and rock and fall asleep nursing in there in the middle of the night. Now we nurse in bed so that we both get more sleep. You took your first bottle of breast milk on May 10th when we took you to an Aggie baseball game. I am glad to say that you took it very well! That same week you started crying even after nursing for an hour. I decided to feed you from a bottle and start pumping to see how much milk I was producing to compare to how much you're eating. If I pump 2oz, you drink 3oz! Since this doesn't quite even out, Daddy and I decided to supplement your bottles with formula. You're now drinking bottles during the day and nursing exclusively at night. I miss our daytime nursing but have seen you happier knowing that your baby tummy is more full. I hope you always love your food, sweet man.
parker - 104
Sleeping: When we brought you home, I thought I'd put you in your Pack 'N Play. After laying you down for a few seconds, I realized that I was a nervous wreck and would never get any sleep if I watched you breathe all night. You whimpered and I quickly picked you up and put you in bed with us. We sleep belly to belly each night. You LOVE to snuggle and are most comfortable when having someone nearby. You sleep soundly and wake every 1-2 hours to nurse. You love having your hands near your face, something that Mama has always done too, so this means that we aren't swaddling you with your arms down. The first two weeks, you went down for naps very easily and would sleep almost anywhere. Once Baba left for Bebe's funeral you became a screamer and demanded to be held all day. This has been exhausting for me. I've used the Moby wrap to carry you around the house so that I can get something done during the day. Bekah has also come to hold you and Baba has spent about 8 days with us this month. Daddy is sleeping through the night, except for when I can't get you settled back to sleep. Mama is the most tired she's ever been and hasn't slept longer than three consecutive hours. For whatever reason, I just can't nap during the day when you do.
parker - 105
Measurements: 9lbs 4oz, 21 1/2 inches. You have gained 2 pounds 2 ounces and grown 1 3/4 inches. Wow!
parker - 106
All About You: You love your bath now that you can be submerged in water. You're very aware and look around all the time. You know your Mama's voice and look for me when you hear me talk. You love to eat and be held!
parker - 107
Likes: Eating, sleeping on someone's chest or in someone's arms, bath time, being bounced/patted/swung all at the same time, Moby wrap, being sung to or talked to in order to be soothed, Daddy's shoulder, going for a walk around the neighborhood in your stroller.

Dislikes: Being put down, mama's photo sessions.
parker - 108
parker - 109
parker - 110
Park's pouty lip...this breaks his Mama's heart.
parker - 111
SWEET BABY FOOT.
parker - 112
parker - 113
I love that I can see his neck! Most of the time it's hidden underneath chins and cheeks.
parker - 114

No comments: