Friday, May 27, 2011

Eli's Graduation. West Sabine High School Class of 2011.

Parker's first overnight roadtrip. My day began with Harley having explosive liquid poop on the carpet. Yikes. Lots of cleaning to do. Then it took all morning and a good part of the afternoon once Daniel got home to pack our suitcases and get out of town. Thank goodness for the nyew car! Traveling to ETX was not promised to be easy with 2 dogs and a 5 week old boy. Daniel packed the car to the ceiling...we didn't know what we'd need for Parker so we just threw it all in. I know I'll look back and laugh at the fact that we actually carried his swing with us. It was easy to transport, but still - he didn't really use it! We made several stops along the way, both for Parker and Harley, but arrived just in time to change and head to graduation. I'm proud that we were not late!

Eli, You have always impressed me: first with your ability to suck your bottles down in just a few minutes, then with your wild tales of creatures you wrestled. As a young boy you always had knowledge of wildlife and weapons. I love that you are so passionate about the outdoors. Three years ago, your life came to a screeching halt but you persevered. I know how you loved to hate your sister and visa versa. Growing up, you two were almost too much to handle! The relationship between siblings is complicated and so indescribable. I am so proud to have watched you find an inner strength that I don't know that I possess. You've had to live through an experience I'd wish on no one. As the oldest of your "second sisters", I hope that you know how proud we all are. You are smart and funny and such a cutie. You've kept us guessing from the moment you were born...I know that you have an adventurous life to live out. I hope and pray for your future to be filled with happiness and good fortune. We are blessed to call you ours, dear cousin. I love you as if you were my very own baby brother. Congratulations on such an accomplishment.

eligrad - 1
eligrad - 2
eligrad - 22
eligrad - 3
eligrad - 4
eligrad - 21
eligrad - 23
eligrad - 18
Oh, you used to look at me like this when you were little.
eligrad - 17
eligrad - 15
eligrad - 16
eligrad - 5
Eli's favorite girls
eligrad - 6
eligrad - 7
eligrad - 9
eligrad - 10
eligrad - 11
eligrad - 12
Boy cousins
eligrad - 13
eligrad - 14
eligrad - 19
eligrad - 20
The best Baba a boy could ask for!
eligrad - 24

The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing together as a family. We had a wonderful time with everyone. Parker did so good being away from home!

No comments: