Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Granddad!

We celebrated my Granddad's birthday tonight by all meeting up at Texas Roadhouse for a yummy steak dinner! My Granddad is 77 and is far more busy than I am! He's up in the wee hours of the morning (4am ish?) ready to check on his cows and horses and start his day on the ranch. I really admire him for all that he's accomplished... he's worked harder than handfuls of people added together. Really. I love him for the example that he sets for our family. I love his worn, rough hands and the way he grins without really smiling or showing any teeth (my Daddy does that too). I love the sparkle in his eyes. I love that he looks proud to stand with his arms around us as we take pictures. I love his huge hugs. I love the way he takes care of my Grandma, calling her his bride. This man is precious to me. I'm honored to belong to him.

The Group

Me and Hannah - I love her laughter!
The Wilsons
Dad, Grandma, Granddad
Daniel & Bek - These two are ridiculous together!
Me and Bek - She's so pretty!

No comments: