Sunday, February 3, 2008

Groundhog Weekend

Daniel and I drove home to spend a little time with his parents this weekend. It was wonderful to get away, relax and hang out with Barbara and Roger. When we showed up Friday night, yummy steaks were being prepared for dinner. We ate dinner, hung out for a little while and then went to bed since the guys were getting up at the crack of dawn to go fishing. Saturday, Barbara and I slept in and then slowly got ready for our day of browsing downtown. Bay City has a few of the neatest little shops that are filled with home decor. I love to visit them when I'm in town. The best part is looking, but then I found a china cabinet that I LOVE! Hopefully I'll be able to get it for the new house. We ate at a cute little cafe' called Thyme & Again. So great for a girls lunch! We had sandwiches, soup and cheesecake....oh my! I had so much fun just walking and talking all day! Upon return to the house, I took it upon myself to have a NAP. I don't remember the last time I napped on a Saturday. I woke up and the guys came home with TALL TALES of their fishing adventures! Funny thing is, they have pictures to back up their story. Haha! (Daniel will be blogging about this later). We ate dinner at Chili's, went back to the house for coffee and convo and then headed back to Houston. It was important to us that we be in town to go to church today. Church was great. The weekend has been great. I just wish I had another day... the weekends fly by!
I hung out with these girls a little on Saturday morning:
Millie

My Honey

Millie

China Cabinet

Around the shops...

I LOVE THIS IDEA!

ps- LP, these were shot in manual! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the manual! They look great! And I love the china cabinet!