Monday, January 28, 2008

PhotoLaw

Please pray for the person that is rude, mean, hateful, vengeful, full of malice, inexact, cruel, nasty, spiteful, catty, vicious, bitter, hostile, jealous, vindictive... and completely out to get me.
I mean this from the bottom of my heart!

More than anything, please pray that God brings me wisdom in how to handle this particular situation, that He strips me of pride and makes me learn humbly!! I'll post about sand paper people later.

In the mean time, I've done some research and have found the following websites quite helpful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/copyright
http://www.photosecrets.com/

Some highlights-
"If YOU pushed the shutter release, the photo is yours and the copyright is automatically assigned to the creator."
"At the moment of creation, when the artwork is 'fixed' in some form, copyright applies automatically. For a photographer, when you press the shutter release you are making a photo and gaining copyright to that photo at the same time"
"Copyright covers form but not idea. Your photograph has copyright, but not the idea or viewpoint behind it" (This means that poses CANNOT be 'copyrighted'.)

3 comments:

JMHickerson said...

Well, Looks as if you've done better researched!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sarah! I had read something like that when I was trying to research for you but never found it put so well.

Anonymous said...

oh Sarah..I hope everything is ok. I am unaware of your situation but the copyright info you researched is absolutely true. I hope it all works out for you.