Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Being Great in 2008

I have several lists of goals for myself in 2008. These won't necessarily all be accomplished within the next year, but I do want to try my very best to be my absolute best version of me.
In no particular order...

HEALTH GOALS:
exercise 3 days a week
eat less & eat healthier
minimize fast food, sugar, candy, caffeine, etc. *Being a school teacher and in high stress environments, this may be difficult*

SPIRITUAL GOALS:
have a quiet time to reflect, read, pray and listen
go to sunday school and church every Sunday we're in town
pray with Daniel
continue spending time with married couples
join a Bible study (Breaking Free with Beth Moore at HFBC on Tuesday nights?)
read the Bible chronologically *I'm going to try to do this in a year, but 2 years may be more realistic for me*

TEACHING GOALS:
be more organized - keep my classroom clean
stay cam - be less excitable/ reactive to student's negative behavior
grade papers weekly so that they don't pile up

PERSONAL GOALS:
cook dinner 4x a week and eat it at the table
spend more quality time, away from the TV, with Daniel
read more books
ORGANIZE and keep my house clean
walk Honey 4x a week and quit feeding her people food
send bday cards to my family and friends
call my grandparents once a week
save more $$$$
pay down debt
watch my tongue - rid my mouth of any and all bad language
be more POSITIVE, refusing to immediately see the bad in people, places and situations
be a better wife, dog-mama, daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin and friend

PHOTOGRAPHY/BUSINESS GOALS:
become more well known
increase # clients
make more photography friends... and actually hang out with them
read photography books
go to workshops
book a maternity photo shoot
WORK THIS SUMMER! * I AM FOR HIRE, even as a 2nd shooter!

1 comment:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

These are GREAT goals girlfriend. I'm actually going through Beth More Breaking Free right now with some girlfriends of mine. It is INCREDIBLE and has rocked my world!

Can I be one of your photog buddies you hang out with? I would LOVE that!

Love you tons! Here is to 2008!
Lyns