Thursday, July 26, 2007

Houston, We Have a Problem

What a disaster getting out of the house was today! I had an 11am doctor's appointment this morning and decided to take the BW down to I10 and exit at Gessner. BIG mistake on my part. I10 (exactly in that area) is a complete construction zone and should be avoided at all costs. I then wandered around Memorial Hermann looking for the correct doctor's office (this is the problem with going to the doctor in a huge city). I finally found it, signed in and handed over my new insurance card (because its one of those once a year places). Let me just tell you a little bit about this particular doctor's office: they never answer the phone, they don't call to confirm your appointment, they don't greet you when you walk in the door(instead a sliding glass door is closed in your face) and it takes over an hour before you get to go back and be "examined". I had reservations about going back to this lady anyway...last year's appointment was a little bit - um, painful. At this point I called Daniel for the 13th time today (we'll talk about him later) and asked him for yet another phone number for my fave doc (OBGYN - it matters!) in BCS. They had a spot for me on Monday! YAY! I of course accepted. Next stop was Target at Memorial City Mall for a few household items and groceries for dinner. Another mistake...they didn't have anything that I needed. The grocery section of this Target was extremely small and they didn't even have note cards with holes already punched in the top! Ahhhh! I was frustrated, to say the least. Moral of today's story is this: don't be a patient of Dr. Levin and don't shop at the Target in Memorial City. Good things about today: My husband saved my life about 5 times, I got a great book called "1,000 Places to See Before You Die - In the USA and Canada" AND my new, gently used, backup D70S camera came in. :)

Back to my studies - English is HARD!
Love to all ya'll!

No comments: