Sunday, June 19, 2011

Parker {Two Months}

Parker Wilson,
Slow down! In the last month, you have changed so drastically. Mama needs to freeze time. Finally life has balanced out a bit and we're able to enjoy one another with more ease. I still don't have the ability to do it all.  You are such a sweet boy and I absolutely love our mornings and nights together. It's a special time where I get you all to myself. I see your personality developing more each day and I'm trying to soak you up every minute we're together because you're just growing too fast.
parkerjune - 72
Eating: We made some big changes this month. You are now drinking 4ounce bottles every two and a half hours. I continued nursing you through the night for a few weeks, but still didn't think you were filling up so I made the decision to bottle feed you during the night too. I really do miss nursing...you were so good at it and it is such a special time that I get to spend with you. At night time, you get a few tablespoons of cereal in your bottle to help satisfy you and stretch out the feedings {don't judge me}. I am pumping as often as I can, but we're still supplementing your bottles with 50% formula. I also take these funny Fenugreek pills to help increase my milk supply and they smell like maple syrup. You continue to be a good eater and absolutely hate it when we have to stop eating to burp you. 

parkerjune - 67
Sleeping: I am so happy that we have made some improvements in sleep this month. At seven weeks, I put you in your Pack 'N Play to sleep. No more snuggling Mama through the night. You're sleeping about three hours at a time and I sneak out of bed to feed you a bottle without waking you or Daddy up. No more middle of the night diaper changes! Your morning diapers are full and heavy, but by not changing you in the middle of the night, you stay asleep while eating.
parkerjune - 71
 Measurements: At your 8week appointment, you were 11lb.14oz. 21.25 inches long and 15.5 hc. You've grown almost three inches and have gained 2lbs in the past month. I was a little surprised you didn't weigh closer to 13lbs. I think you're a big boy!
parkerjune - 70
parkerjune - 69

All About You:You are so sweet in the mornings. I love getting a few minutes with my smiling, talkative boy. I no longer have to rush to feed an angry boy, but get to enjoy hearing what you have to say. This is our favorite time of day with you! You're getting a little better about letting me put you down, but of course still love to be held all the time. I think walking around on someone's shoulder satisfies your sense of curiosity. You hold your head up like a big boy so that you can see all that is going on and when you're laying down, you've discovered how much fun it is to kick your legs - especially when doing so makes noise. We're able to play for slightly longer periods on your playmat. As soon as you start to fuss, we're all done and on to something else. After a series of leaks and blowouts, you've graduated from a newborn to a size one diaper. They look so big on you! You're now going to daycare two days a week and I think we both love it! Mama misses you while you're gone, but it is nice to have a break and get things done around the house. My favorite part of Mondays and Thursdays is picking you up from school! I love the look on your face when you see Mama and Daddy. You are a happy boy, unless you need something that you don't already have. You're starting to become particular about your bed time routine and insist that we get it right so that you're comfy. Mama loves that she is the one you want to put you down.
parkerjune - 68
Likes: Bath time, play time (for just a few minutes), being talked to, eating, walking around, looking at ceiling fans, lights and windows, being held upright rather than cradled, bouncing on the bed, for Mama to sing to you at bed time.
parkerjune - 65
parkerjune - 64
parkerjune - 62
Dislikes: Being put down or left alone in a room, waiting too long to eat (I'm pushing 3-3.5 hours and you're fighting me), possibly Mama's photo sessions.
parkerjune - 63 parkerjune - 66

No comments: