Wednesday, June 15, 2011

8 Weeks = Shots!

Today, we took Parker to the doctor for his 8 week well visit. Dr. Yu was so impressed at Parker's growth (I try to explain to 'folks that this boy loves to eat!). He weighs 11 pounds 14 ounces and is 24.25 inches long. This means that in six weeks, Parker has gained 4 pounds and grown 3 inches! I have a little monster on my hands. The worst part was that Parker had to get 3 shots. I wasn't sure how I would handle watching this process and kind of expected to shed a few tears myself. Thankfully, someone recommended that I take a bottle with me and stick it in his mouth immediately after the shots. Daddy was recruited to hold him down and I would "save the day" with the bottle when it was all over. Parker definitely screamed, but was easily calmed afterward.
parkerjune - 77
So glad I didn't have to do this part.
parkerjune - 76
My baby with his thighs band-aided. He did really well and because he kicks all the time, he never got knots or was sore!
parkerjune - 39
Worn out from the doctor's appointment.
I held my boy a lot today and let him take sweet naps in my bed.
parkerjune - 42
I love these chubby hands.
parkerjune - 41
Parker sleeps like me: hands near face and one leg over the other.
parkerjune - 40
Stretching to wake up!

No comments: