Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daniel's First Father's Day

fathersday - 6
Dear Daddy,
I love it when you put me high on your shoulder and walk around so that I can see everything as you do. Your voice calms me in a way that Mommy's doesn't and sometimes I like to just sit with you and do nothing. I love when we get to talk (even if it's in the middle of the night, you listen!) and play and walk around outside. Thank you for reading me bedtime stories and giving me plenty of snuggles before I go to sleep. Saturday mornings are the best because we get to sleep in together and then lay in bed and play. I miss you when you have to go to work, but I know that you're working so hard to take such good care of me. Thank you for being the best Daddy in the world.
fathersday - 4
fathersday - 2
Daniel,
Life together hasn't been easy, and it may never be. I know that becoming parents presents its own set of challenges within our marriage because we now have to find time to be us, husband and wife, then Mommy and Daddy to Parker. I know that I don't often put you first and I'm so sorry. I sure hope to figure out how to balance time with both my guys. I have always known that you would be a good Daddy, but you have completely overwhelmed me! From day one of pregnancy, you have been supportive, encouraging, loving and oh-so-helpful! April 19th, I fell in love with you all over again. Thank you for sleeping in uncomfortable chairs and beds, for holding my hand all day, keeping the visitors at bay when necessary and for praying over me as I worked to bring Parker into the world. I will forever cherish those first moments we had together as a family of three. I love the way you looked at him and your eyes shown with a deep, unconditional Daddy love. You do more than your share around the house and I am grateful for a man that will scrub toilets, do laundry, cook dinner and mow the lawn. You are a wonderful friend, husband and father. I am so blessed that you choose to wake up each day and share your life with me (P and the girls). Thank you for being you....we wouldn't want anyone else in the world!
Also, Happy Father's Day to Chief, Papa, Grandaddy Sam and the other daddies in our life. We have amazing fathers who are a perfect picture of love and service to our families.
fathersday - 3
To celebrate Father's Day, the Larkins and the Georges came over and we grilled a yummy dinner. Thanks guys for working on your day!
fathersday - 1

No comments: