Saturday, February 20, 2016

Week 7 | February 14 - February 20

We woke with no kiddos in our home on Valentine's Day. How weird! It was quiet and calm and no one needed to know where their presents were. Daniel and I set off for Navasota and saw that the boys were loving the weather. They hadn't been off their four wheelers much and Pierce had even upgraded to driving his brother's!
february2016shalley_0138
The boys cleaned up and we tried to get our weekly photo before heading out to eat for Poppy's 85th birthday.
february2016shalley_0140
february2016shalley_0139
This little lean onto his brother was my fave. They just weren't having it and were ready to go eat.
We were so glad to be able to all sit around the same table, share many pieces of conversation and eat a meal together to celebrate our father, grandfather and great grandfather. I'm proud to still have grandparents and love seeing multiple generations together. Sad fact - we didn't get the crawfish we'd hoped for.
february2016shalley_0143
Happy 85th Poppy! We love you so much.
february2016shalley_0142
Home again.
february2016shalley_0144

My loves. I didn't get a single thing for Valentine's Day. Neither did Daniel. No card, candy, flowers...and that's ok. Because I'd rather us show love and kindness and appreciation to one another every day and give/receive randomly instead. Celebrating with my little people tomorrow since they didn't wake up at home this morning. Love my boys so so much!


The only photo I have from today is of the VERY LAST time I nursed my Pierce. Separate blog post on that. february2016shalley_0145
My house is filled with screams. These boys love big but also fight big and have big, loud frustrations. Pierce does not understand how to TALK through whatever goes on. Goodness, the noise is something. 
february2016shalley_0146
24% humidity and a high of 75. We can leave the back door open and picnic on the porch. This weather can totally stay forever. 
february2016shalley_0147
My wild child.
february2016shalley_0148
I thought it'd be smart to walk/bike ride/stroll to a nearby park. Ooops, there's no sidewalk yet.  Big fail on my part but Parker pedaled like a champ. He's really an amazing rider! 
february2016shalley_0149
Little notes of praise and some preschool art always makes me happy and proud. 
february2016shalley_0150
One loves to snuggle. The other does not. Guess who? 
february2016shalley_0151
I HAVE POCKETS.

Yesterday, this was my first born. We are just weeks away from TWO and daily Daddy Daniel and I shake our haeads wondering where our baby went.

february2016shalley_0152
Bike ride on the section that just opened up behind us. This crew is ready to ride !
february2016shalley_0153
"I snuggle Daddy" he says. 
february2016shalley_0154
Lots of silly in my bed this morning. Quick love and snuggles before we were up for the day. I so love when we're all home and piled in my bed in the morning. 
february2016shalley_0155
Pierce is ready for tball practice. 
february2016shalley_0156
Our very first meet up. We're rusty...it's been a loooooong time since we played ball. 
february2016shalley_0157
I slipped away for a night out with mama friends to celebrate Jessica joining club 30. We had great food and great conversation. It was so good to just walk and sit and talk, uninterrupted by our little people.
february2016shalley_0158


february2016shalley_0159

No comments: