Saturday, February 6, 2016

Week 5 | January 31-February 6

Our Sunday smiles. Today, my Parker wanted to wear a tie. These two are so big!
february2016shalley_0101
february2016shalley_0100
Way down there on the left is Stephen Smith, one of my all time fave voices to sing with at church.
february2016shalley_0103
Family church service meant big boys sat with us in the front row. They chatted and drew pictures the entire time and were so excited to put their $1 in the offering basket. I love watching sweet friends worship together. Some of my fave people on earth are from church as a child.
february2016shalley_0102
It was a beautiful afternoon so we spent a little time outside. Pierce is wanting to do all the things Parker does so that means a little batting practice. Daniel says he will be our "natural athlete". 😂. He has NO IDEA he's not even 2. Picks up the bat, walks up to the tee and does everything right without being shown a thing. Also -- bats left, kicks left, steps up on curb left, eats right. Lord help us help him.
february2016shalley_0104
It was breezy enough for Daddy to break out the kite that's been sitting in a box for the last several years. The wind was too strong for the boys to hold it so this didn't last very long.
february2016shalley_0105
Bedtime with Pierce: "I hold it Mom. I pusha button". Unlike his brother, he can hardly sit still so rocking, singing, reading and praying are tough to do with this one. That's a small part of the reason we still nurse. We are almost done and I am sometimes surprised to say that I will miss it. It's been the link that has allowed me to snuggle this busy boy.
january2016shalley_0088
Monday after swim, we met the Jackson's at the park for some playtime and a picnic. The weather was perfect. I cannot get enough of this warm winter we're having.
february2016shalley_0089

Parker: Piercey, want brother to read to you?
Pierce: Yeah.
Parker: Sit in my lap.
Me: 😍💙💚😭😘👬

february2016shalley_0092

I love how he rests his little head on the top of his bed as he waits for me to come get him. Lately though, I see him kicking his feet up and balancing his belly on the top rail. I'm so afraid he's going to fall over and out of his bed so I've been rushing upstairs to grab him. I'm certain we are going to have to take the springs out and place his mattress on the floor if I want him to stay in his crib another 9 months. The boys played upstairs for awhile today and I witnessed wwo stubborn boys, one on each side of the truck, holding on and refusing to let the other brother have the truck...it snapped and dumped the load & Pierce onto the floor and laughter erupted. Fight over and funny repeated.

february2016shalley_0093

Parker reminds me of his Chief, sticking his tongue out when he concentrates. We are working on little ways to be more independent -- today, spreading pb on a piece of bread for his lunch. Pierce was busted. I said no but then rounded the corner and found him sitting quietly on the kitchen floor eating raisins from the container.

february2016shalley_0094

I need time alone. Time to work. Time to workout. Time for quiet. Time for lunch. Time for bingeing tv. Time for more work. Time for laundry. Time for showering. Time. This guy isn't really napping anymore and that's new for me. I've never been HERE as a mom. I'm trying to keep him busy. Balance his needs, questions, requests with independent alone time for him too. Today he sat in my lap and ate trail mix, played Legos and then a card game with me. Then, we lay in my bed and laughed so hard we almost wet our pants (maybe that's just mom). I'm trying to soak it all up and not wish it away. I know I'll miss him terribly in the fall.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-16%20at%2012.22.16%20PM

Lots of fit throwing today. He'd push pause for some silly smiles and fake laughs.

february2016shalley_0095

Breakfast with Dad after not seeing him at all yesterday. We have a craaaazy busy weekend ahead!

february2016shalley_0096
Friday night the boys went to Navasota while I attended IF:Gathering and Daniel volunteered with Sky High For St Jude. It was an incredible night for me. EXACTLY what my heart needed and more as I struggled with overwhelming sadness and disappointment this weekend. So thankful the Lord provides opportunities for growth just when we need them.
february2016shalley_0097
Saturday morning I woke up alone, grabbed breakfast and headed back to IF eager to hear all the incredible truth being spoken.
february2016shalley_0098
I had to leave a little early to go grab the boys who were both asleep at Cookie's. I woke them and neither were very pleased to hear that we were leaving. We swung by Brandi's to celebrate Laura's 1st and Brianna's 12th birthdays. The boys loved playing with all the kids there and still didn't want to head home when it was time.
february2016shalley_0107
february2016shalley_0108
We ended the night with one Pierce fit and then some sweet brother snuggles before sleepy time.
february2016shalley_0109





No comments: