Saturday, February 22, 2014

2014: Week 8 | February 16th - February 22nd.

SUNDAY. 16th:  We woke up, raced to get ready and made it to church as a family. Sweet Parker adores "big church" and praise music.  At one point I caught him with his hand raised during worship (just like the lady in front of him) and had to sneak a photo. Super cute moment that touched my mama heart. After church and Sunday school we had lunch together at The Red Barn. Yum! We made it home in time kiss Papa and Grana goodbye and then laid down for much needed naps. Sadly, I needed the rest and had to miss Marissa's baby shower with my neighbor friends but I felt much better afterward. We spent a little time cleaning up the garage while Parker played outside. The weather has been wonderful and it's nice to be outdoors for a change. I'm super ready for spring!
IMG_1126

MONDAY. 17th: This morning we had a playdate with our MOPS mamas and friends at Funtastic Playland. It was great to get out of the house and let Parker run around, burning off energy before we headed back home. Both of us took a great nap and then Daddy Daniel surprised us by coming home really early. We LOVE when he does this! The sweetest thing happened and I don't want to forget it. Parker gasped when he saw Daniel walk in, jumped up and ran into his arms and said "I've been missing you, Daddy". I totally teared up. It's so special when Parker expresses love to us all on his own. Parker hit the streets on his scooter and played hard with friends for several hours. Once it was dark and he had to come in, he dressed as a cowboy and rode his "bucking horse" around the living room. My cutie.
IMG_1219
IMG_1227

TUESDAY. 18th: Parker was at school all day. Daniel called around lunch to tell me he was heading home to nap...he's had a sore throat and some sinus yuck for a few days. I let him go to bed and set out for Parker. Since Daddy was napping, he and I decided to grab a Starbucks snack,  visit the local resale shop and then run in the closest Marshall's. It was fun to run around with him for just a little bit. Once we were home, the boys played outside and then Parker came in and dressed up as a cowboy. This photo of him made me laugh and tear up all at the same time.
IMG_1235
IMG_1241

WEDNESDAY. 19th: Daniel is working in Houston today. Parker and I stayed home together which I don't typically do when I know Daddy won't come home in the evenings, but he was sweet and our day was really nice. The weather was so great that our back door was open and the dogs and boy could come and go as they pleased. These are my favorite days. I'm oh so ready for spring to stick around (summer weather can stay away though). Today's funny was that Parker kept calling me "big mama" all day, like it was the name he's always called me. I could only smile at the endearment. I mean, it's so true that I can't exactly argue. Pierce's bedding has arrived. I need to order a few things to hang on the wall and then I can get his little room all put together. I'm probably going to wait until I know that no other kiddos will need to borrow his room so it'll be a last minute project. I did have appointments with two different cleaning companies this evening and cannot wait to have someone regularly helping me keep my house clean. Yay!
IMG_1297
IMG_1298

THURSDAY. 20th: This morning Parker sat on my bathroom counter telling me all sorts of stories. I love hearing him jabber on and on. It's fun to hear how he takes in everything around him. At one point he looked into my eyes and I was flooded with emotion so I threw my arms around him and told him how I love the moments of "just us". Very sweetly, he grinned at me, put his hands on my belly and said "but Mama, we're having more babies". Ha! Of course we are. We were so busy getting to school that I didn't really take time to process our special moment any further. On the way home, alone in the car, I completely broke down (again) as I thought about how little time we have left together as a twosome. Almost every single day for over 1,000 days it's been just us. This wild, sweet, silly, funny, fiercely loving, determined, strong willed boy has taught me every single thing that I know about being a mother. The thought of sharing myself is both overwhelming and a little bit sad. Daniel came in from Houston and I finished getting ready for my mom's night out at Clay Casa. It was fun to chat with other moms as we painted our pottery. I attempted to make a "you are special" plate for my boys. We'll see how it turns out. While I was away, my boys went on a dinner date to Panda Bear. Parker loves dinner dates and is so cute when he tells us all about spending one on one time with the other parent. On the way home I called Daniel and he made sure to tell me that Parker wanted me to know "I love you just the way you are". Ahhh, Daniel Tiger jingles. Haha.
IMG_1294

FRIDAY. 21st: Parker and I took it easy today. We spent a lot of time snuggling on the couch, playing inside and out and laughing as he asked me if he could lay on the "rock belly". Daddy came home and we headed to "night school" so that Daniel and I could enjoy our last Parent's Night Out before Pierce's arrival. We met Sarah and Nick at their new house! I love seeing all that they've done to the place and can't wait to spend more time with them there once they're settled in. The four of us tried a restaurant called FEAST...so great! We never would have chosen this eatery on our own so I'm grateful for friends who are a little more adventurous when it comes to trying local places. Every single thing we ordered was delicious. We always have a great time with the Calks and go home feeling so filled with joy from our time together.
IMG_1302

SATURDAY. 22nd: Today was quite busy. Both my boys got haircuts and then we went shopping for new tennis shoes. We found a pair for each of my guys and then drove over to CFA for a family lunch date. It was sweet to get to spend time together and we both love listening to Parker tell us all kinds of stories. I left Parker and his Daddy to play while I went to Target on a huge stock up the house/prepare for having a newborn shopping trip. It was expensive and exhausting. By the time I got home and got a few things unpacked, I found myself on the couch experiencing some pretty painful contractions. I actually ended up calling the hospital, crying and then soaking in the tub for an hour while I guzzled down water. It appears as though I'd dehydrated myself and that had led to preterm labor contractions. I'm a wimp, but sheesh! Completely unpleasant experience that I hope to avoid the remaining four weeks until  Pierce arrives.
IMG_1333




No comments: