Saturday, February 8, 2014

2014: Week 6 | February 2nd - February 8th.

SUNDAY: After church, we made it home in time for naps and then picked up for Sarah and Nick to come over and watch the super bowl. Parker was psyched to see them and showed off as usual. He wanted to sit in Nick's lap or have Nick up and playing throughout the entire game. We shared yummy food and great convos, but the game was a complete bust. I don't like professional football at all so I wasn't exactly interested. As Parker took a bath tonight, I changed into my pjs in front of him. When he looked up at me he said "Mama, you look like you got a ball in there, but it's just Baby Pierce".
2014-02-06_0066

MONDAY: Errand day around here. Parker helped me go to Marshall's, Hobby Lobby and the Post Office. Very low key day at home otherwise. Love getting a chance to relax and snuggle with my big boy.
2014-02-06_0067
2014-02-06_0068

TUESDAY: I had a MOPS meeting this morning and Parker went to school. I scooted out a little early to meet Sarah for lunch at Bird Barker. The place is adorable and serves delicious food. I loved my sandwich and my chocolate peanut butter dessert. It was so nice to sit down to eat with a friend and not be rushed from the table because of scheduling or kiddos. I still had an hour or so to waste before picking up Parker so I walked through Pottery Barn and Gap. Though I had a list of things to do at home, I really enjoyed the time I had to myself.
2014-02-06_0069
2014-02-11_0001

WEDNESDAY: Story time with my boy! We always have an enjoyable trip to the library.I appreciate so much that Parker enjoys sitting down to listen to a story. One of my favorite things he said today as he snuggled into his chair to watch tv this morning was "I'm cozy as a bug". Ha! Almost...and I think I like his version of the phrase even better.
IMG_0658

THURSDAY: It was especially cold this morning but I thought nothing of it since we've had crazy winter weather the past 6 weeks. Parker was in my bed watching Daniel Tiger while I made his lunch and it occurred to me that maybe I should look outside. WE HAD SNOW! I peeked around the corner and told Parker I had a surprise for him. His response "Who is it?". Haha. I dressed him and let him go outside to play in the cold for a few minutes before we took off for school. Of course he needed a shovel and we also had to lick it. The snow looked exactly like dip n dots ice cream. Parker even declared that it tasted like strawberries. We set off for school and immediately found ourselves in the worst traffic we'd ever seen in SA. I detoured and found a route that wouldn't take two hours to arrive at the ELC. It was fun to get to experience the wild morning together. I headed home to pack so that this afternoon we could load the truck and drive to Navasota. Today's funny saying...when I picked him up from school Parker asked me if I have muscles to carry his baby brother. I have no idea where he comes up with such silly things to talk about but I sure love it. When we arrived in Nav, Parker was so excited to see Cookie, Chief and Bekah. I can't believe this is my last trip home before Pierce is here. Lots to pack into our short trip.
IMG_0752
IMG_0765
IMG_0733
IMG_0761
IMG_0805

FRIDAY: Honey and Harley both have vet appointments this morning. Honey needs her teeth cleaned pretty badly and both girls need another round of heart worm tests and pills. I grabbed donuts for Parker and then he and Daniel dropped me off to get my hair cut with Lyssa. It feels so good to lighten up my hair color and chop some of this long hair off. We noticed that Parker has a leaky eye and since we received a notice from school about pink eye this week, decided to squeeze him in to see Dr. Prihoda. Sweet boy. He came home with eye drops. After nap time, Baba drove in. It was a great surprise for Parker man! They played hard before Bekah took Parker to his "bakeyball" date with Cookie. Daniel and I were off to College Station for a quick kidless date. My sweet husband dropped me off for a much needed pedicure army favorite spa while he ran errands to Academy, Cavenders and Gander Mountain. We also had dinner at a local fave: Cheddar's. Yuuuuum, spinach dip! I ate every single bite! We made it home in time for bed time kisses and to chat with Hannah B-nana.
IMG_0785
IMG_0808

SATURDAY: Daniel and Chief woke super early this morning to head to Brookshire for a sporting clay shoot. We girls and Parker slept in pretty late and woke just in time to rush to get dressed for an early lunch with Poppy. He turns 83 next week and this is the only chance we have to celebrate with him. We sat at a huge table at Mamie's and chatted for a couple of hours, watching Parker run around entertaining us all. It always makes my heart so happy to see the men in my life love on my biggest boy. Saturday afternoon we made a trip to the grocery store for dinner while Chief and Daniel took Parker to the tractor store. He found a cowboy hat that he LOVES and looks so super adorable in it. The cowboy birthday party planning is officially in motion.
IMG_0810
pIMG_0823

No comments: