Saturday, March 1, 2014

2014: Week 9 | February 23rd - March1st.

SUNDAY: 23rd - Because of all of last night's excitement I turned my alarm off this morning and decided to stay home and rest. We all slept until 8:30 which was such a treat for me. I felt well enough to do a little laundry and cook breakfast but then needed to rest. After a little while in the living room with the boys, I retreated to the bedroom so that I could stretch out in my bed. They ended up playing outside and mowing the lawn until nap time. I hadn't planned on it, but a nap felt great for me too! I relaxed so much that I didn't even pick up my phone to take a photo today!

MONDAY: 24th - This morning was our semester brunch out event for Mops. I dropped Parker off at the church and met all my mama friends at Jimmy's Egg. It was nice to sit and chat while having breakfast. The morning passed very quickly and before I knew it, it was time to pick up Parker and Tate and take Tate to Hayley. We made it home for a nap and enjoyed the afternoon at home together.
IMG_1375

TUESDAY: 25th - School day, followed by FaceTime with Bekah and waiting to see our Daddy.
IMG_1429

WEDNESDAY: 26th - Originally I'd planned on taking Parker to the library to return books and enjoy story time but since it was raining and cold outside we voted against it. No idea what is happening with this Texas weather lately. I'm certainly ready for spring to stick around. We camped out in our pi's and watched a little tv. Parker played in his truck and made up all sorts of games. His imagination is totally hilarious these days and I love getting to sit here and watch him entertain himself. I was afraid we wouldn't have a great day...being cooped up inside without a single outing usually means we have a meltdown or several spankings. Overall, my boy was sweet. We shared mac n cheese for lunch, took great naps and snuggled up to watch a movie with coke floats once we woke up. Daddy Daniel called to tell us that he had to work all night and wouldn't be coming home so we went out to grab dinner. Parker's request?: "old mcdonald had a farm eieio". Haha! Needless to say, I caved and got him exactly what he wanted. We Facetimed Bekah and Maegan and then had story time before bed. It was a really sweet evening together, one that I'm thankful to have had all to myself.
IMG_1433
IMG_1470
He said "Mama, get your phone and ask me to say cheese."
IMG_1479
IMG_1480

THURSDAY: 27th - I dropped Parker off and was early to my 37 week OB appt. Only from a distance did I see Dr. Perez. Another lady, whose name I couldn't hear and hadn't ever seen before, came in. She measured my belly, felt around on my belly and listened to Pierce's heartbeat all without a comment other than "that's great". I'm not sure what the deal is with this particular practice but I've never been provided with less detail regarding my pregnancy or baby. I mentioned that pelvic exams are typically painful for me and that I'd likely cry. They just aren't anywhere close to the same thing as an annual and because I've never made any progress outside the hospital, it hurts in a way I cannot accurately describe. I was right on. Her checking me took my breath away. She told me that I have a "cervix of steel" and that they'd see me next week. As soon as she walked out of the room, I fell into tears. All the emotion, combined with the physical pain was more than I could handle. I'm honestly not surprised that I haven't had anything happen yet and just hope that over the next few weeks something happens so I'm not admitted to the hospital with zero progress. I thought I'd earned a Starbucks treat but when I drove through the drive thru I was told that they had no ice to make me a frappuccino! What the heck? Thankfully Target is in the same parking lot and I was able to get my coffee and a piece of bread. Because I'd stayed up late and not slept well with Daniel gone last night and then cried, I was exhausted and needed to just lay down and relax a little today. Absolutely nothing got done around the house before I had to leave to pick up Parker. Thankfully, we were on our way home at the same time as Daniel and were able to meet him for a crazy early dinner at Chuy's. It was nice to not have to cook and get to relax as a family before going home. All three of us were bathed and in bed by 8pm...we just needed the extra sleep!
IMG_1510
IMG_1496
IMG_1515

FRIDAY: 28th - Parker and I spent the first few hours of the morning at home. It was a beautiful day and Parker and the girls were on the back porch as much as possible. I walked out to tell Parker it was time for us to get him dressed to run to the post office and library and laughed so hard when I saw him with his pants around his ankles! He explained to me that he'd needed to peepee in the grass but got busy cleaning the porch instead. What a total boy! We got our chores done, napped and walked over to Rylee's. I'd wanted to do a few more things but Parker said "Mom, I miss my Rylee friend. I love her. She loves me. We both love." and so I couldn't refuse walking across the street to play for a little bit. Daddy made it home later than usual due to month end but we were able to spend some time with him before bed.
IMG_1549
He's in a tiger cave.
IMG_1553
IMG_1554

SATURDAY: 1st - The boys were sweet enough to run errands to Hobby Lobby, PetSmart and WalMart with me yesterday. It was nice to have their help and their company. I am working on more organization of the closets and pantry in the house so that everything looks and feels in place once Pierce is here. It was a beautiful day today. I have a few flowers to put on the porch for our baby shower next week and am hopeful that Spring will soon stick around. It's cooling off again in the next few days and that will disrupt our afternoons of playing outside. We polled our local Facebook friends for their fave burger joints and ended up trying Big'Z on 151. The atmosphere is a little chaotic but it's the perfect place for kiddos to run around while parents enjoy a burger and beer. It was nice to sit and chat with Sarah while Daniel and Nick played catch with Parker.
IMG_1567
Love these new tennis shoes and big Wilson feet.

No comments: