Saturday, February 15, 2014

2014: Week 7 | February 9th - February 15th.

SUNDAY: Sweet Brandi took a few photos of us as a family of three this morning. While I didn't want an entire session, I couldn't imagine not capturing life as we are now -- belly and all. I'm so grateful to have a friend willing to give us her talent and her time and I cannot wait to see the images. We had a hilarious lunch -- red stag gone half wrong due to being fried in coconut oil and then set off for home. It was a little strange to hug each member of my Wilson family goodbye, knowing I may not see them until I'm mama to TWO. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's weird and sweet and scary. And it'll be here FAST!
IMG_0846
IMG_0876

MONDAY: Today was another MOPS meeting. It was so interesting as our mentor moms spoke to us on marriage, sex, romance and how to keep our husbands as one of our top priorities despite our busy lives. I'm grateful for women of another generation who are willing to share their experiences with us. It's so nice to be part of a group that finds these sort of relationships important. I hope when I'm old and gray I can give back to the MOPS organization that has meant so much to me as a new mama. Parker and I came home to take much needed naps and played before Daddy surprised us by coming home early. We were so excited and spent the evening watching cowboy/hunter Parker shoot every plastic animal he owns. This phase he's in is so funny and I really am lucky to get to watch his imagination grow bigger and bigger each day. Chief had eye surgery this morning to remove a spot that has been bothersome to his vision. Cookie sent us silly pictures of the entire process and Parker laughed at Chief's pirate patch. He should be better than every by tomorrow.
IMG_0882
IMG_0908

TUESDAY: I brought two boys home from school this afternoon and they played hard all on their own. Almost 2 and 3 is a pretty easy age for this mama. I only had to correct them a few times, but for the most part I was able to get things done around the house or sit and rest while they ran around. Too bad the weather wasn't good enough to play outside. We had toys everywhere by the time Daniel walked in the door. They both ate dinner, bathed and then we put Parker to bed while Tate snuggled Daniel on the couch and waited for his Mama to pick him up. Though a few moments are wild with two boys, I'm so glad they have one another to play with. 
IMG_0922

WEDNESDAY: We stayed home this morning. Parker was so sweet and at one point asked me "Mama, can I kiss you really HARD?"...of course I agreed and soaked up the moment with my biggest boy. This afternoon we ran a last minute errand to Target to grab a few things for Valentine's day at school tomorrow. Parker and I needed to grab Starbucks gift cards for his teachers and couldn't walk away without treating ourselves to a coffee and cake pop. Funny enough, I'd no sooner texted Dolores than we bumped into her while choosing a gift for Marissa's baby shower. Parker and the girls acted so crazy together. They've really missed playing with one another lately. We spent a few minutes choosing a Vday card for Daniel; Parker picked out one that was eye level. Of course it was actually perfect, but the funniest thing was when we got home he walked in and said "hey Dad, we got you a dog card". Ha! NO secrets with this boy and it just completely cracks me up.
IMG_0959
IMG_0961
IMG_0962

THURSDAY: Parker's school celebrated Valentine's Day today. Since I was in charge of the teachers' lunch, I had to stay about an hour and help set everything up for them before heading to my doctor's appointment. I will say that I was slightly shocked when I stepped on the scale. I'm almost at the weight I was when I checked into the hospital to have Parker! I really really don't want to gain any more since I already have a good 35 pounds to work off but realistically I know I'll put on another 4-10 lbs. Yikes! All is well with baby Pierce so my doctor is allowing me to skip a 36 week appointment and return at 37 weeks for non stress tests and a pelvic exam. I'm praying that I make some progress on my own this time around.  Parker was super cute when I picked him up from school. He couldn't wait to get home and go through his mail box with me. First, we had to run to Best Buy to grab a dvd drive for my computer and I wanted to walk through Marshall's for a few minutes. Typically, Parker is so good for me. He stays close, answers when I call him and obeys without any problems. This was absolutely not the case today. Sadly, once we got home he didn't behave much better. At one point he flat out disobeyed me and when I removed him from the box he was standing on, he hit me with a hammer (it didn't hurt, I just didn't approve). I popped him on the bottom and sent him to his room for time out but not before he screamed in my face. I admit I had to close the door behind me and have a small mama breakdown of my own. I don't like it when my sweet boy acts up. It makes me so sad and I often doubt my mama skills. Thankfully Daniel witnessed some of his poor behavior and was home to help me through the evening. We were all three so ready for bed time and a fresh start to a new day!
IMG_0991
IMG_0992
At one point in the night Parker did apologize for being mean to me because he wanted to and layed on my baby. 

FRIDAY: Hooray for a new day! We snuggled until late in the morning and then got out of bed to look at Parker's Valentine goodies. He was super excited about his new shovel. At his request, I made him french toast. While in the kitchen I thought it a good idea to unpack the huge box of bottles, boil everything and completely rearrange where all my dishes are in order to make room for baby stuff. Woah! Did I ever overdo it, but it had to be done and I tackled it while I was in the mood. The weather today was absolutely gorgeous so we kept the back door open for the dogs and Parker to go in and out as they pleased. Parker always cracks me up when he wears boots with a hard hat and vest. At one point I walked out and caught him "working hard". Sweet man! We stayed in our jammies until after nap time and then made cupcakes to share with our neighbor friends. Sweet Daddy Daniel came home from work early and even made a trip to Target to grab groceries for our dinner. Once Parker was up, he took him outside to play with all the girls. Papa and Grana arrived in time for dinner and Parker loved getting to visit with them before bedtime.
IMG_1019
IMG_1020
IMG_1021
IMG_1024

SATURDAY: This morning we celebrated Charlotte's 2nd birthday with a donut party. It was super cute. I loved that everyone wore their pjs! It was fun to catch up with a few mama friends and let Parker run around and play. Since we were out, we met Daddy at Lowe's for a few things to help us with upcoming projects. After really good naps, we dressed for Rodeo San Antonio where we met Hayley, Jake, Tate, Papa and Grana. They walked and walked and walked me until I couldn't go any further! The boys loved all the sites and enjoyed seeing the animals. It wasn't our original plan, but Parker was able to attend the rodeo and concert with us and his grandparents. Since he's all things cowboy right now, I knew he would be enthralled with the events of the night. He was in absolute Heaven. I really enjoyed the family date and getting to do something so special with him all by himself. The night was late, but well worth it for the memories.
IMG_1051
IMG_1099
IMG_1098
IMG_1101
IMG_1103
IMG_1105
IMG_1117




No comments: