Saturday, February 1, 2014

2014: Week 5 | January 26th - February 1st.

SUNDAY: I had an incredible weekend with my favorite girl friends. Really, there aren't quite words for how refreshing it was to spend time with women who know my heart and soul so well. It was fun to get home in time to take a short nap and then get Parker when he woke up. I know he had a great time and we needed the break from one another but my heart is always so full when I'm with my boy again. The afternoon was beautiful and the weather finally warm so I watched Parker kick the soccer ball around with his Daddy. He's such a happy boy when he's able to run and play outside. Makes this mama ready for spring time more than ever.
2014-02-06_0044
2014-02-06_0045
2014-02-06_0046
2014-02-06_0047
2014-02-06_0048

MONDAY: MOPS Monday over car seat safety and boy did I learn a thing or two! Time to make some changes in my back seat. I always enjoy getting to see my MOPS friends and thankfully Parker enjoys attending as well.
2014-02-06_0049

TUESDAY: Aside from school, the only exciting thing that occurred is that Parker has decided he can now go to the bathroom alone. He prefers the door cracked and will "holler" for us if he needs help wiping his bottom. I peeked in and watched him stand on stool, pull pants down, use potty, pull pants up, flush and move to sink to wash hands. What the what?! He's not even three. I'm so proud of how independent he is and I love that he's willing to try things on his own. I just can't believe how stinking big he is right now!
2014-02-06_0050
I love love this image of him laughing in his Daddy's lap at bedtime.

WEDNESDAY: Jammie day at our casa.
2014-02-06_0052

THURSDAY: Parker was dropped off at school as usual and I headed to the OB to check on little Pierce. My appointment went better than it typically does as my doctor was all smiles and laughs today. Not sure where the personality came from but I certainly appreciated it. Pierce is growing right on track and soon I'll be at weekly appointments. I went over to the hospital after my appointment and pre registered. It was much easier and quicker than I expected. I didn't get to spend much time at home today and before picking up Parker I went by the Kirk's to meet baby Mabrey and pick up some boots she's letting me borrow for Parker's western day at school It was fun to catch up, even if the visit was a quick one. Parker instantly became obsessed with the boots and has insisted on wearing them all over the place since the moment he found them.
2014-02-06_0053

FRIDAY: I didn't want to get out of bed and get dressed but I saw on Facebook that a few of our MOPS friends were headed to the zoo since the weather was finally warm enough to spend time outside. We hurried to get showered, dressed and out the door...Parker had no idea where we were going. I told him it was a surprise and we made it all the way to the parking lot before he guessed where we were. It was fun to get to surprise him as I typically talk him through the day's events and errands before we set out. Funny enough, it ended up being a boy mom zoo date with Wyatt and Elizabeth, Mason and Alison, Tommy and Brianne. The boys did very well and we had a great time watching the elephant interaction. We even heard Lucky trumpet! A few of us headed to CFA for lunch afterward and then it was home for a nap. I love last minute, unplanned dates with my sweet boy.
2014-02-06_0055

SATURDAY: This morning we went downtown as a family to watch the San Antonio Rodeo parade and cattle drive. Parker was so excited to see the "tows and horses" and asked to wear his boots and cowboy jeans. Of course we let him and thought he looked so adorable. The parade was quick and identical to last year, but Parker loved it. Once it was over we walked to the playground and let him run around and play for about twenty minutes before heading home for lunch. We all took a good nap and then Daniel and Parker braved the pre super bowl crowds at HEB for groceries. Parker was so sweet when he got home and made me laugh at how stinking big he is. He came in alone and hollered "Mom, I gotta a bag of whole chips. Can I put them in the kitchen?". I love how helpful and funny he is.
2014-02-06_0056
2014-02-06_0057
2014-02-06_0058
2014-02-06_0059
2014-02-06_0060
2014-02-06_0061
2014-02-06_0062
2014-02-06_0063
2014-02-06_0064
2014-02-06_0065
Parker man shares my love for coke floats and had to have one all his own.

No comments: