Friday, September 21, 2007

Shalley Football Fiesta

Full of AGGIE SPIRIT, we opened our home to new and old friends to have dinner and watch the game Thursday night. Such fun! I had a great time hanging out and talking with everyone. Daniel's burgers and baked beans were AMAZING! I am so grateful to have a husband who will step foot in the kitchen. Thanks Dan for staying up late with me to make huge patties and baked potato salad. Also, he spent all of Wednesday afternoon/night and Thursday afternoon cleaning the apartment so that everyone could come over and I wouldn't have to stress out to get the place prepared. Daniel has been my saving grace for the past few weeks...I'm having a rough time adjusting to some of the aspects of school teaching. Coming home to Daniel and Honey is the BEST part of my day, apart from the hour I have to myself each morning. I LOVE this time! I get to pray, sing along to praise songs and catch up with old friends that are awake as early as I am. Okay, I'm OFF TOPIC - which is a no-no in English. Sorry, I just needed to brag on my husband.

Thank you to the Larkins, Georges, Luces, Marcelo, JonO and Cam for coming to hang out with us. We had a wonderful evening despite the scoreboard!

A VERY special thank you to Cameron for driving all the way from Nav to see us! Sometimes, it takes an old friend to cure a bad day. Cameron, you are near and dear to my heart. You're one of my favorite men! I cannot put into words how much I love you. Thank you for so many years of beautiful friendship. (ps- thanks to my husband for loving Cameron as much as I do and for understanding how important he is to me!)

Of course, I had to document the fun.

The entire group

The Georges

The Luces

Honey & Gus

JonO

Cam

The Larkins

The Larkins and Marcelo

No comments: