Saturday, April 26, 2014

Week 17 | April 20th - April 26th.

Sunday- 20th: We slept in a little this morning, snuggled with family members before they left and watched the boys dig into their Easter goodies. The dads hid eggs and all the neighborhood kiddos hunted together in the mist. After such a busy weekend, it was nice to send everyone on their way and rest - just the four of us. I was a little sad to see everyone's Facebook photos of their families all dressed up for Easter. I felt a little guilty that this was Pierce's first holiday and we weren't making much of a big deal out of it. This mama threw on her hat and walked outside to watch my big boy play. We took a family photo, pj's and all.
IMG_3852
IMG_3851
IMG_3850
IMG_3854

IMG_3888
IMG_3889
IMG_3891
IMG_3893
IMG_3931
IMG_3933
IMG_3935
IMG_3924
IMG_3965
When I handed Pierce to Parker, Pierce turned toward his brother and Parker exclaimed "Mama, Pierce is trying to nurse me!!".

Monday -21st:  The boys and I had a very relaxing day. Sarabeth and Colt came over from Jake and Hayley's and we played until dinner and bedtime. Parker did manage to sneak out of the house to see Emma and Ellie and they all three enjoyed a sno cone on our front porch. Exciting news: we found out that the Calks are having a baby boy! Congrats to our dear friends. We cannot wait to meet little Noah...he has built in buddies already.
IMG_3972
IMG_3975
IMG_4053

Tuesday- 22nd: Parker went to school as usual today. Sarabeth and the littler boys and I relaxed, caught up and then went to Target for dinner items. Pierce loved snuggling in the moby wrap.
IMG_4055

Wednesday - 23rd:  Today, we headed to the zoo. It was warm out and way more crowded than we anticipated. It seems that there are tons of end of the year field trips from all over the place, even as far away as Flatonia. Craziness! We walked but all the animals from the front of the zoo to the hippos. I stopped to nurse in the AC and then we determined that it'd be best to head over to the carousel and go grab some lunch. I got some alone time with Parker this afternoon and it was good for my heart to be one on one with my big boy. Jake, Hayley and Tate all came over for dinner tonight and we laughed as we attempted to take a photo of all four of our wild boys. Cousin time is so fun, no matter how chaotic it is in the moment.
IMG_4058
IMG_4060
IMG_4083

Thursday - 24th: We hurried to school this morning and after dropping Parker off I ran a few errands with Pierce. Parker needed cookies for his Fiesta party so we zoomed through Sam's before heading up to Carter's to make a few exchanges. Pierce man is growing so fast that I have to return 3mo clothing before he turns 6wks old. Somehow my baby woke in the night and nursed for 5mins on one side, slept and woke hours later to nurse just 3mins on the other side then got in bed with me and didn't nurse at all! This is a first. By 9:30 this morning he was ready to make up for all the sleeping so we nursed in the parking lot while waiting for the store to open. 30mins of eating landed us an outfit change. I had to laugh. I only had 8 whipes so I had to use every inch of them to clean him up. Inside the store I bumped into my lactation consultant, Kristen! Crazy world... the hospital is on the opposite side of town! It was fun to chat with her and show her my chunky boy. I met Sarabeth and Colt for a walk through Target. Poor Colty's teeth were bothering him so he wasn't his usual happy self. Before we left we found him a toothbrush to chew on and that made a big difference in his mood. We all headed over to ELC to watch Tate and Parker in their Fiesta parade. It was pretty comedic to watch all the little kids drag their floats across the gym. We ate a little lunch and then headed home for naps. Unfortunately, my boys fell asleep in the car so naps at home were a complete no go. Instead, we all hung out in Pierce's room and I organized the clothes he's already grown out of.
IMG_4068
IMG_4079
IMG_4082

Friday - 25th: I'm almost ready to get back to working out and eating well. My plan is to take it easy, not overdoing it so the boys and I strolled to the park/playground this morning. Some neighbor friends joined us so ended up staying longer than I thought we would. Parker loved getting out of the house and seeing friends. After nap, we ventured out for dinner with a couple of our favorites, Nick and Sarah. It was so wonderful to get dressed up a bit and have a normal family date night. Before we know it, we'll be doing it with three little men. 
IMG_4100

Saturday - 26th: Pierce seemed really uncomfortable the last several hours of the night and even when I put him in bed with me he couldn't settle down so we spent the last two hours of the morning with him on my chest. A little later I fed him and he spit up some old milk...then within twenty minutes threw up everything. We gave him a bath and rubbed a little RC on his chest since he sounds so yucky and he slept for about two more hours. Daniel and Parker walked/rode the four wheeler up to the park and played for awhile before taking off for haircuts. They also ordered a new fridge for the garage since our little one just quit working. The boys napped while I addressed envelopes for Pierce's birth announcement and did some laundry. Overall, we had a very relaxing and uneventful day at home. It's been quite awhile since it's been "just us". I miss the help and company from others but loved having a taste of "real life" again.
IMG_4131

No comments: