Saturday, May 3, 2014

Week 18 | April 27th - May 3rd.

Sunday - 27th: I'd set my alarm for church but because Pierce had such an off night and I woke so frequently to check on him, I turned it off around 5am. Daniel got up with Parker and they let us sleep until 9. I woke to a giant Starbucks! Woohoo, what a way to make my day! Parker had also ordered his own coffee with "mocha frapp in it " and they'd gone to Dunkin' Donuts. Lucky boy! We spent the morning around the house. Daniel mowed while I got to work on steam cleaning the carpets and tacking the laundry. At noon Parker marched inside and asked if it would be ok to go to the pool! I wanted so badly to go, to relax and soak up some sun but Pierce was asleep and the thought of a bathing suit made me super sick to my stomach. I sent them off and continued to clean...what a bad deal I got. We ate lunch together and then Daniel and I moved the furniture around. We (I) want to switch things up but feel sort of locked in to the current furniture arrangement. Parker's nap was too dang short but we let him up and got back it. We took Dolores half a watermelon while Daddy washed and gassed up both vehicles and even managed to transplant some of my starter veggies. Parker rode his scooter past dark so dinner and bath time were rushed. Dan and I had popcorn in bed while watching a show. We feel tired and good about everything we were able to get done today. The weekend just isn't long enough.

Monday - 28th: Today was awful. There's just no way to make the day look any better without totally faking it. We had MOPS this morning and Pierce attended for the first time. He did great and even went to the nursery with Ms Migdy for a little while. I had a meeting after MOPS, both boys napped on the way home which ruined Parker's nap altogether and resulted in lots of tears once I brought him inside. The boys cried even in bed with me so I called an audible, packed them up and went for coke and French fries before running errands to the bank, Lowe's, JC Penny's and Target. We were home late and bedtime was a disaster for exhausted Parker. I do want to remember two things about today: Pierce belly laughed in his sleep this morning and it was the absolute sweetest sound.  He's a quiet kiddo so I can't wait to hear him start to "talk" and develop more personality. When we got in the car Parker asked for his songs on the radio. As I put them on, he said "Pierce these are Jesus songs. Jesus is in your heart!"...priceless. Love what a sweet boy he can be.
IMG_4171
IMG_4183

Tuesday - 29th: Pierce slept in his rocker all night. He got up only twice and let me put him back down ...no sleeping on Mama or in my bed. Woohoo! We had a great day together. It was very low key but the weather was nice (not 100 degrees) and we got a few things on our list done. Parker was dropped off at school and we went just around the corner to mail all of Pierce's birth announcements and a few extra packages. The little boy and I spent the afternoon at home. He napped beautifully and then we left to grab Parker from soccer practice. I love watching him through the window when he doesn't even know I'm there. He seems to be doing better each week and is retaining what he's learning. Once we were home he played soccer with Emma and Ellie. Those three were pretty hilarious to watch!
IMG_4199
IMG_4219
IMG_4212

Wednesday - 30th: I can't believe April is over! The boys and I stayed home today. We watched movies, watered the yard, colored on the window, baked cookies and of course nursed and napped. Well, I didn't nap. Both boys are currently napping and I'm torn between catching a twenty minute nap and continuing on with my computer projects. Thankfully I've wrapped up my 2012 book so now it is time to update 2014 and start on 2013. Sheesh. Always behind. Always always. Oh well. There are piles of laundry everywhere, along with all the makings of a cowboy costume. This is just life right now. We had a great day at home together.
IMG_4240

Thursday - 1st: Today is the day. I promised myself that I would start working out this month. I began my day with Shakeology, my absolute favorite breakfast. My go to these days is strawberry, with one frozen ripe banana, some mint, almond milk and ice cubes. It's delish! Pierce and I took Parker to school and enjoyed a little quiet time this afternoon. My alone time with my baby boy is limited so I try to soak it up every chance I get. I'm so in love with this chubby little man. He's the happiest baby. This afternoon Daniel and I popped in 21 Day Fix and tried to hang with Autumn Calabrese's Total Body Cardio Fix. Wow, are we out of shape! I know I'll feel every bit of that workout. It's been almost a year since I regularly pushed play so I have lots of work to do. I love this program because I can follow the modifier and still get in a challenging workout. No bouncing or jumping for this postpartum mama. We laughed a lot at how quickly we were out of breath! Can't wait to see the changes in just a few weeks.
IMG_4257
IMG_4298
IMG_4302
As I sat in bed nursing Pierce tonight I looked up and saw this magical moment between father and son.
IMG_4304
IMG_4313

Friday - 2nd: We took it easy this morning and then headed to see Dr. Gonzalez for a 3yr and 8 wk checkup. The boys did great: Pierce is huge, of course. He's growing so big and is super healthy. We laughed at the fact that he has fat rolls in places like his arm pits! Pierce man did have to get shots. He screamed pretty loudly, but was quickly comforted by nursing. The only hiccup was that Parker didn't want to take his pants down in front of the doctor. I'd forgotten she would need to do this so we weren't prepared for it at all. I tried to assure him that it was okay since I was right there but he continued to refuse. I'm not sure what made him so shy...the boy shakes his rear end at bath time every single night. Oh well, I'll prep him for turning four. True to tradition, I took both boys to CFA after the doctor. We enjoyed our lunch and
IMG_4390
IMG_4391
IMG_4345
IMG_4353
IMG_4397
Never did I think anyone could be as beautiful as my firstborn...and then this little man came along.

Saturday - 3rd: In the middle of the night I saw that my friend Jodi may be in town today. I woke to her text saying YES and hit the ground running to get myself and the boys ready to meet her, Matt and Kane at SeaWorld. The park was pretty dang crowded this morning and the temp was HOT. I don't know why I think it's hot. It wasn't even 90 degrees... and somehow we still brave the park in the midst of the summer. We saw a show and ate lunch with our friends and then headed home to nap. It was so great to catch up with Jodi and have the boys get to play together for a little bit. This afternoon, Daniel put together his compound miter saw (an early Father's Day gift) and built a little stand for one of my giant flower containers. We blew up a pool for Parker but it was too cold for him to play.
IMG_4418
IMG_4420
IMG_4435
IMG_4434


No comments: