Saturday, April 12, 2014

Week 15 | April 6th - April 12th.

Sunday: 6th - We woke this morning and hung around the house. Mom and Dad packed up and we all headed to lunch at BJ's Brewhouse before mom and dad headed out of town. Mid afternoon and all through the night Pierce acted very uncomfortable. His little belly would harden and he'd pump his legs and cry. My Pierce doesn't cry. He didn't do well at all throughout the night...so poorly in fact that Daniel and I agreed that I should take him to the doctor if possible.
IMG_3170
Morning coffee with Chief
IMG_3183
Parker told me "he needs me all the time because I'm the big brother"
IMG_3186
IMG_3186
IMG_3186
Pierce fell asleep in the bathroom while Cookie was doing her hair so he got left in there. At leas big brother couldn't fine him and wake him up.
IMG_3217
Monday: 7th - I called the doctor this morning and thankfully they were able to fit me in. I wasn't sure exactly what to tell her other than he wasn't acting like himself and was fussing a bunch. I felt really silly when I saw her. Dr. Gonzalez checked my boy out and determined that he'd just had a bad night. She recommended a probiotic in case it happened again. Since we'd slept so terribly we all came home and crashed but were awakened by HAIL. Crazy! Hail in April. Parker woke crying, afraid of the thunder. We snuggled up and waited for the storm to pass.
IMG_3248
IMG_3275
IMG_3289

Tuesday: 8th - Ahhh, today was needed. I drove Parker to school and came home to do whatever I liked - which was nothing at all. Daniel picked Parker up from soccer/school for me so I didn't have to get back out with Pierce. It was so fun for Daniel to surprise Parker and it was a treat for me to get to stay home with my little boy. I'm beyond tired so the freedom to be extra lazy was much appreciated.
IMG_3296
IMG_3344
IMG_3352

Wednesday: 9th - Elizabeth, a friend we met on our honeymoon, was in San Antonio with her husband this week so we planned to meet for lunch. Of course I was ready an hour later than I wanted to be but we finally made it to Bird Bakery for a delicious lunch. It was so fun to catch up with her. I've been having a rough couple of days and several nights without much sleep and it just filled my Mama heart with such joy to have someone to chat with. It is also comforting to know that not everyone adjusts well to two kiddos. Though I know all my crazy feelings are normal, it's wonderful to hear someone else share your same emotions. Parker fell asleep in the car on the way home and it completely ruined his nap. So, no nap for mama either. We played until Daddy came home and then he took both boys outside for me. I've been so exhausted lately that I just can't hold the tears back. I'm an emotional mess. Mom called me on FaceTime and by the time we hung up I was weeping. I walked outside to talk to my boys and tell them I was heading to the bath when Baba called. She told me that she was on her way, four days earlier than planned. Daniel leaves at midnight tomorrow and I'm relieved to have her coming to help me but also so afraid of the fact that I'm not hanging in there and handling it all myself. Hopefully by the time everyone leaves after Parker's birthday, I'll be getting some sleep and feeling much better. Thankfully Pierce man fell asleep in his rocker instead of needing to sleep on me so I'm hoping for a good night's sleep tonight.
IMG_3369
IMG_3357
IMG_3356
IMG_3355

Thursday: 10th - I took Parker to school and then ran by Hobby Lobby to look for decorations for his cowboy birthday party. I wasn't in a hurry to get home because the cleaning service was at our house. Pierce took a great nap on his tummy in his crib. I'm forcing us both to spend less time attached tone another. Our Daddy came home and packed up to be gone for an entire week. We knew this was coming but I'm not quite sure what we will do without him. I'm so glad that Baba and Bekah will be here this weekend to keep us company. Parker needs some major entertaining and I'm not sure I can keep up yet. Pierce had a good night and went extra long between feedings which allowed me to nap a headache away. I had the BEST two hours of sleep I've had since he was born. Hooray!
IMG_3369
IMG_3376
IMG_3391
IMG_3393

Friday: 11th - We stayed home and played with Baba this morning. While I took care of Pierce and rested, Baba and Parker pretend hunted and played outside. He loves having someone completely devoted to playing with him. Bekah surprised us and arrived early. She spent some time outside with the boys and then we all ran a few errands. We found the best party favors at Dollar Tree - cowboy vest and sheriff's badges! Can't wait to see all the kiddos dress up next weekend.
IMG_3398
IMG_3397
This is as close as Honey will get to my children. 

Saturday: 12th - Pierce did great last night! My sweet sister slept with me and rocked him to sleep after his feedings. He's suddenly sleeping longer and sleeping in his rocker. As much as I love to snuggle my baby, I sleep better without him next to me or attached to me. More sleep has left me feeling human and for that I'm so thankful. This morning, we headed to the zoo. It was a little crowded and we got there late so we skipped half the animals and made our way to the new carousel. The Centennial Plaza is beautiful and all the kiddos love riding on the animals. We headed to Chuys for lunch since all of us were craving it yesterday. Parker took a short nap and he and I headed out with Bekah to look for more party goods at Dollar Tree and Party City. I even stopped in Office Depot to print the signs and banners since Pierce was at home with Baba. Some things are just easier without newborns. It was such a great evening, that we all headed to the park to let Parker burn off some energy before bedtime.
IMG_3429
IMG_3409
IMG_3430
IMG_3436
IMG_3443
IMG_3445

No comments: