Saturday, April 5, 2014

2014: Week 14 | March 30th - April 5th.

SUNDAY: 30th - Daniel and Parker made a trip over to the Roussin's this morning and came home with news that our families were going to meet at Peter Piper Pizza. Sold! This mama needed out of the house. We had a great time chatting and watching our boys play before coming home for a nap. Grana arrived just as Parker woke up from his nap and after weeks of waiting, she finally was able to hold sweet Pierce. We spent the afternoon playing with our boys and catching up with Grana.
IMG_2908
IMG_2911_2
IMG_2909

MONDAY: 31st - Grana and I stayed at home with the boys today. It was nice to have nothing on the agenda. I was able to enjoy a morning nap with Pierce while Parker and Grana played together. Parker sat in the front seat of her car and drove her to every place they could imagine. Later this afternoon Hayley and Tate came over to play and stayed for dinner.
IMG_2921
IMG_3088

TUESDAY: 1st - I woke to Parker crying out for me. When I got to his room he told me he almost threw up a little bit. Since Pierce and I were still asleep I took him to my bed and we snuggled up to watch tv while I nursed the baby. We made it about 30 minutes and then Parker was gagging. I held a baby to my breast with one hand and stuck the other out to catch throw up. Why oh why do we mamas think we can catch throw up? Like that's going to make anything better. Thinking it was just phlegm, I put Parker in the bath and told him he was still going to school. And he threw up again. This was not at all how I wanted to spend my day. After some major tears from my boy, I moved him to the couch to rest with Grana. He gagged several more times but was sick only once more and argued with me all day about having to take it easy.
IMG_2944
IMG_2944
IMG_2950
IMG_2958

WEDNESDAY: 2nd - It was time to get out of the house today! We went on a lunch date to Chic-Fil-A with Grana, ran by Target for a few ingredients for dinner and made it home in time to play outside and work in the yard a little bit. Pierce did great sitting on the front porch in his bouncy chair while we all ran around. Today was hot...hot enough for a beer! We enjoyed Grana's spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I'm sad this is her last night with us. I'm so thankful that she's been able to spend time with us and help hold and entertain babies, cook dinner and do laundry. I'm sure I would have been in over my head these last couple of weeks.
IMG_2975
IMG_2989
IMG_2991

THURSDAY: 3rd - Grana and I took Parker to school this morning and she hugged him goodbye. We then swung by Carter's and picked up a few spring outfits for all four boys. Jake had invited Grana to lunch so as soon we got home she had to leave. Pierce and I spent a few hours alone together before going to pick up big brother Parker. Our little family spent the evening alone together. Tomorrow, Cookie and Chief come to see us!
IMG_3024
IMG_3025
IMG_3027
IMG_3033
IMG_3042
IMG_3062
IMG_3112
IMG_3085

FRIDAY: 4th - I woke up exhausted. It was certainly a Starbucks kind of morning. I loaded all three of us in the car and drove to order a venti coffee and two blueberry muffins. We sat in the parking lot in front of Marshall's while I nursed Pierce and then went in to look around. We also went up to Penny's and I found a few cute shirts and a pair of shorts for Parker. It was so nice to spend the morning walking around, keeping busy instead of being stuck at home. We made it home just in time to nap and Daddy Daniel came home in time to play and help pick up the house. Thanks to traffic in Roundtop, Cookie and Chief came in much later than expected. I did let Parker stay up to say goodnight and of course they were able to kiss on my chunky junky man too.
IMG_3113
IMG_3130
IMG_3136

SATURDAY: 5th -I'm so glad my parents are here for the weekend. Though they made it to Pierce's birth I felt like I hardly saw them at all. It was a whirlwind weekend and event! This morning we all went to Lowe's to pick up the materials for a yard project. I want some veggie/herb boxes hung on my back fence. I'll attempt to grow lettuce, tomato, onion, cilantro, basil and mint. Daniel has his doubts in my ability to keep this stuff alive, I'm sure. We took naps while the men had a reloading lesson and then Mom and I stopped by Marshall's before meeting the guys for dinner at Chuy's. It was a very laid back day and I so enjoyed it.
IMG_3146
IMG_3155





No comments: