Saturday, March 29, 2014

2014: Week 13 | March 23rd - March 29th.

SUNDAY: 23rd - The brothers snuggled in my bed this morning and after lounging around a bit, I got dressed to head to Target to search for something to wear for tomorrow's photo session. Baba stayed home with Pierce while Daniel and Parker went with me. Parker and I enjoyed a blueberry muffin and mocha frap. I then tried on a few things, selected our necessary grocery items and we were back home within an hour. It was nice to get out of the house even if just for a little bit. All of us took much needed naps and enjoyed the afternoon at home together. Sadly, our Daddy returns to work tomorrow after we have photos taken with Sara. We will miss him oh so stinking much. Daniel has been a great source of strength and support for me and has been so helpful entertaining Parker and helping around the house too.
IMG_2539
IMG_2532
IMG_2541
IMG_2559
IMG_2582

MONDAY: 24th - We actually had to set an alarm this morning and get dressed and ready for our first family-of-four photo session with photographer Sara K Blanco. When she arrived I was still in a robe, but was able to quickly dress and join my boys upstairs for pictures. Everyone did really well and I think we looked super cute and coordinated. A few separate times Parker needed a break or had to be bribed with gummy bears but what else is new? If it's not what he wants to do, it's very difficult to get him to agree. Pierce was awake for most of his individual newborn photos so I'm not sure I got the sleepy naked newborn look I love, but I know I'll treasure every single thing we get back from Sara. She's already posted a sneak peek and I adore it! Daddy Daniel left us around 11 to head to the San Antonio office. It's the first time we've been without in over a week and I know we'll miss him all day. Baba, Maegan and I took the boys to McDonald's for lunch since that's where Parker wanted to go. Then we headed to the pediatrician's office to check Pierce's weight and have the doctor confirm that he does not need another Biliruben test done. As we suspected, Pierce is doing just fine and is gaining weight at rapid speed. I'm so glad that he's healthy and needs no other follow ups.
IMG_2700
IMG_2652
IMG_2678
IMG_2679
IMG_2683
IMG_2685
IMG_2687
IMG_2691

TUESDAY: 25th - Pierce and I were up with Daddy this morning. I knew that I'd need to hustle to get Parker to school, even with Baba's help. Pierce was super sweet and slept in the car and we made it just a few minutes after nine. Lots of other parents and kiddos were walking in with us today. Perhaps the trike-a-thon and having to load bikes, trikes and scooters delayed everyone. Parker asked to take his brother in and show him to his teachers and friends so we hauled Pierce in in his car seat. He slept the entire time, not even knowing where he was. Baba and I headed home. I nursed the baby and she took him from me, letting me sleep unattached and able to stretch out and relax. We ate lunch, I nursed again and she took Pierce from me again while I lay flat and watched a tv show. It felt so good to relax. All of us headed to school to watch Parker in his first "soccer practice". Watching twelve 3-5 year olds run around trying to score a goal, defend a goal and not be off task was quite chaotic. We had to tell Parker several times to go after the ball. I think he had a great time and I love that he's able to attend a special sports related class and burn off energy once a week. Since today is Baba's 75th birthday, I wanted to acknowledge it somehow. We'd given her a Lowe's gift card this morning, but she deserves something a little more special. I'd decided to take everyone to Bird Bakery and let them choose a special dessert to enjoy. It was nice to sit in such a sweet atmosphere and enjoy yummy treats. On our way home, we swung by Target for a few dinner items. I ended up having to nurse Pierce in the car! Poor man just couldn't make it any longer. I see this happening many more times in our future. For dinner we had frozen pizza and a coke and made plans to celebrate Baba's birthday with a fancier dinner when she returns in April. I'm more than lucky and oh so blessed to have a Baba who loves us the way she does. She doesn't think twice when asked to spend an extended amount of time with us. Not many people would put their life on hold for me like she does. I treasure her friendship and love every chance we have to spend time together.
IMG_2696
IMG_2741
IMG_2736
IMG_2744
IMG_2746

WEDNESDAY: 26th - We had absolutely no plans today. I'd originally thought about taking Parker to story time, just the two of us. However the weather was yucky and we easily settled into having a jammie day. It was so nice not to have anywhere to be today. I felt more rested being able to live in my bed and have both boys come and go for either snuggles or nursing. Maegan spent the day cleaning my house before she leaves tomorrow. I am so appreciative of what a hard worker she is and that she likes to do this for me.
IMG_2755

THURSDAY: 27th - Pierce seemed to nurse frequently and loudly last night. We were up again when Daddy got ready for work. As he fell asleep, I slipped out from underneath him and got myself as ready as possible. It's really time to stop wearing "workout" clothes and start dressing more like my normal self. Oh if only I had clothes that fit my bottom or weather that would cooperate. It's spring time for goodness sakes, but in the 50's and sprinkling today and will warm up to the 80's this afternoon. So workout clothes it is. Baba and Maegan must have been up long before me because their bags were packed and the laundry was already on when I saw them. I made Parker's lunch and then went to wake him. He wasn't as cooperative as I would have liked this morning and we needed a few extra minutes for goodbye hugs. I tried to hold myself together as best as possible, but when Baba wrapped her arms tightly around me and told me she'd come back (tomorrow if I need her to), I lost it. I can't properly express my gratitude for all she has done for me the past 12 days. I haven't fed my dogs, cooked a meal, washed clothes, loaded the dishwasher or even bounced a crying baby. At all. Baba and Maegan had it covered. I know it'll be many more weeks before I can do the work of three people around here. I just pray we survive in the meantime. Due to the light drizzle, it took us an extra long time to get to school this morning and we were over 40 minutes late. Parker's class was glad to see him but he was reluctant to join the group. I need to be on my game about dropping him off with everyone else so that it's easier for us to walk away from one another. He teared up and it really broke my heart. At random, he's having a tough time adjusting to sharing his mama and daddy and can be quite clingy. Thankfully, he takes none of it out on his brother and continues to show him nothing but sweet brotherly affection (usually in the form of too tight a squeeze or kisses all over). Pierce and I napped, nursed and then jumped in the car to pick up Parker. I took Pierce in with me this afternoon so a few mama friends could see him. As I was walking down to a car, I fell while holding the baby. It startled me and skinned up my knee but Pierce slept through the entire thing. Parker and I were dressed too warmly which made us hot so we pulled into Sonic for an after school slush. Sarah and Nick met us at the house and played on the back porch with Parker while I fed Pierce. After all these weeks apart, it was so nice to finally see our friends again and have them meet our new man.  The dinner they brought was delicious and we hope we're able to hang out longer next time we see one another.
IMG_2770
IMG_2807
IMG_2812

FRIDAY: 28th - Pierce was loud again last night. He kicks and grunts and roots around when his tummy hurts and he needs to potty. After trying to nurse his hiccups away several times, I finally just put him on my chest to sleep for a few hours. Sitting upright on someone's chest is one of his favorite places to be. Parker let us sleep in until about 7:45 and we piled into my bed for a few episodes of Daniel Tiger while little brother continued to snooze. Our morning was spent on the couch snuggling, watching movies, building forts and fixing snacks while I try to catch up on my blog before the events of Mr Pierce's birth are a distant memory.
IMG_2833
IMG_2844
IMG_2856

SATURDAY: 29th - Yay! A day with Daddy. We spent time together at home and then headed to Lowe's for some plants to spruce up the yard. I'm finally feeling better and want to do a few things around the house that I'd normally take care of. It's a ton of effort for me to complete an actual task such as planting flowers but I'm slowly getting back to my normal self.

IMG_2867
IMG_2877

No comments: