Saturday, March 8, 2014

2014: Week 10 | March 2nd - March 8th.

SUNDAY: 2nd - Cowboy Parker plays so hard these days. Everything is pretend play. I love love love listening to him use his imagination. He is so funny and silly and creative. When my big boys isn't being an almost three year old toot, he's such a joy to spend time with. I'm soaking up the days we have left as a family of three. Parker loves all things Daddy right now. Occasionally I get a few special moments with him but I usually have to wait until the work week rolls back around. I had a scary hour tonight...I went a long time without feeling the baby kick and it made me panic. Normally I don't even think about fetal movement because if I do I'll really freak out or obsess over it. It took my lying down and stretching out for a little while before I finally felt my little boy wake up and wiggle around. No more focusing on that!
IMG_1583
IMG_1584
Cowboy Parker, driving his "Rattler blue truck" and trailer.

MONDAY: 3rd - A day at home with my fave boy.
IMG_1643

TUESDAY: 4th - Today was a school day for Parker. I had a cleaning service scheduled to come clean the house so I made an appointment at the spa for a massage. I wasn't sure that a full body massage would work out well while being this pregnant but oh-my-goodness it was wonderful! The therapist spent a great deal of time on my back and hips, the sorest part of my largely preggo body. After my massage, I drove down the street to La Madeline's to meet Sarah Calk for lunch. We had a great time, but both of us were overly exhausted and needed a nap pretty desperately. By the time I got home, my house was super clean and there was zero trace of the cleaning fairies. I'm oh so grateful as I just cannot physically get the house as clean as it needs to be. Thankfully I was able to lay down for a short nap before picking Parker up after school. And then there's the craziest part of our day: This morning, I cleaned all the stuffed animals, night nights, pacis and snuggles out of Parker's bed so that the linens could be changed. When it was time for bed, Parker went to get his jammies, night night and paci together for bed time, but because I'd put them away he couldn't find them. I went in to help him and out of nowhere, I created this story about how the cleaning ladies saw his big boy room and big boy bed and his pacis. Thinking he was too big for the pacis, they decided to throw them away. Being that it was trash day, they were all driven off in the garbage truck. I have absolutely no idea where this came from. Daniel and I hadn't planned on taking paci away...we were completely prepared to wait until Pierce made his arrival and Parker was well adjusted to being a big brother. Parker took the bait, we talked about it and he asked for paci once or twice at bed time. He only fussed over it a few minutes. We promised him a surprise in the morning and praised him greatly for being so big and he fell asleep better than we expected. We know that we won't be this lucky every nap/night and that not having paci for comfort will take some getting used to. Still, our boy is big. He's almost three and will be a big brother any day now. Our hope and prayer is that he does better than we expect and that Mama and Daddy can stay strong in helping him work through this transition.
IMG_1666
IMG_1672
Our first night night pic with NO PACI!

WEDNESDAY: 5th - Parker made it through the night! He only fussed a few minutes last night as he fell asleep without a paci for the very first time. We are so so proud of him. To celebrate, Parker and I went out for donuts. Mid morning, we headed to the dentist for the very first time. Parker loved playing and sitting on the saddle. He climbed up onto the table and opened his mouth without being afraid. He didn't love the metal mirror in his mouth as the dentist counted his teeth but did let her brush his teeth without any trouble. Overall, it was a great experience and we'll go back in six months for another check up. We stopped by the resale shop and ended up grabbing a painting book for Parker and Tate. The afternoon was a little cool but with a vest on, my boy was able to play outside. We had a really wonderful day together. Daddy came home and asked us if we wanted to have dinner with "Mr Chris" so we loaded up and indulged on appetizers at BJ's Brewhouse. I'm a happy mama when my belly is full and I don't have to cook or clean.
Paci update: At nap Parker cried for an hour about his paci. At bedtime he cried for an hour and a half. It was very tough on me to not give in. Since he was about seven months old, he's been such a great sleeper and we haven't had much struggle to get to sleep so I can't stand that his beautiful sleep schedule has now been affected. I'm trying to hang in there.
IMG_1683
IMG_1709
IMG_1708
IMG_1721
IMG_1722
A new fave photo of my precious big boy.

THURSDAY: 6th - Sarabeth and Colty arrived today! We're having so much fun playing with them, running errands and hanging out. Wish they lived closer to us so that we could do this more often.
Paci update: Parker fell asleep without much fight or fuss. No screaming.
IMG_1758

FRIDAY: 7th - Sarabeth stayed home with the boys while I went to a doctor's appointment this morning at 9:15. I was glad that I actually was able to see my doctor this time. He checked me and I learned that I'd made very slight progress but my cervix still isn't favorable to have a baby any time soon. We talked about Parker's induction and decided that we'd wait Pierce out another 1-3 weeks. I'm crazy uncomfortable but not willing to risk a c-section to get him here for the sake of convenience. I ran to the post office to pick up Pierce's mobile and grabbed a Starbucks for both the mamas to enjoy. We spent the morning at home letting the boys play. After lunch, it was nap time! I tried to put Parker down an hour earlier since he'd spent the early morning hours coughing. I fell asleep before him and he woke me up coughing. After an hour in bed, he still hadn't fallen asleep. I got up to give him some medicine and found him in bed with no pants and a diaper on (he'd been put to bed in undies and pants!). Sarabeth told me she'd come out of the bathroom and he'd been standing in his doorway naked from the waist down! No telling what he'd been up to but after using the potty he went back to bed. I tried to let him battle the cough and then decided to put him in bed with me. It took over two hours before he finally settled down and fell asleep. This mama fell asleep again! At 3:30 we were all up and ready to head to Jake and Hayley's to play with Tate and help get ready for the birthday party. Grana drove in and met us there. All three boys took a few photos and played hard before dinner and a bath. It's always crazy, chaotic and fun to have all three of our boys together!
IMG_1759
Swollen ankles. Yikes!
IMG_1779
IMG_1780
IMG_1783
IMG_1791

SATURDAY: 8th - Today we celebrated Tate's second birthday! I can't believe that my first nephew is already so big. The weather wasn't great. It rained off and on so the kiddos couldn't run around in the yard or jump on the trampoline like they would have liked to. Still, we had a great time visiting with everyone and watching Tate open his presents. Parker played so hard that he fell asleep on the way home!
Paci update: One hour screaming fit at nap time and did ok falling asleep at bedtime.
IMG_1845
IMG_1847
IMG_1848
IMG_1851
IMG_1854

No comments: