Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Habakkuk

Prayer Request!

Many hearts are hurting:I have several friends who have recently lost members of their family. I pray that they continue to find peace and comfort. Now my heart hurts with worry.
My Grandma is on the transplant list to receive a new liver. From what I understand, for years her liver has not functioned properly and she has had to take medication for this. A month ago she was hospitalized and a tumor inside her liver was nuked with chemo. She has since been bumped up on the transplant list and has received her pager. Now we're just waiting for it to go off. Grandma's been exercising, eating well and doing everything in her power to stay healthy so that she is in the best shape possible for her new liver.
Grandma went in today for a checkup. She now has three tumors inside her liver. As long as the tumors are contained within her liver, she's still on the transplant list. Typically, liver cancer (a word we've never used until now) spreads first to the lungs and the bones. We're awaiting an "all clear" on a lung xray and should receive that news on Thursday. PLEASE say a prayer that these tumors can be nuked again, that they stay within the liver and that Grandma's pager goes off quickly.


Here's a CLEAN xray of the lung. We need one of these!



Habakkuk 2
I will stand at my watch
and station myself on the ramparts;
I will look to see what he will say to me,
and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
The Lord's Answer
Then the Lord replied:
"Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a herald cay run with it.
For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
it will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it will certainly come and will not delay.

1 comment:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

I will be praying for your sweet grandma.

Jason's uncle (the ones we live with) has liver cancer also. He is at a treatment facility in Phoenix, AZ doing amazing. They are hopeful that he will come home healed. He started there not even able to hardly move around. Now he is out walking malls!

God is good all of the time. We have so much to be thankful for. Keep me posted on her. I will keep her in my prayers.

Love ya,
Lyns