Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School. Toddler Class. {and a Trip to the ER}

After a couple of weeks off, today is the FIRST day of Parker's first full year of "school". He went last Spring and off and on throughout the summer, but this year we're bumping from one to two days a week. He's a BIG boy! I know that he will come to love school, his teachers and his friends. I am excited to see him learn and develop even more than he already has. I really loved all the back to school photos I saw last week. Parker just wasn't as excited about taking them as Mama was.
parkerseptember_0021
parkerseptember_0023
parkerseptember_0024
parkerseptember_0034
parkerseptember_0035
parkerseptember_0036
parkerseptember_0025
parkerseptember_0022
parkerseptember_0026
parkerseptember_0027
After school we ran an errand and played with Rylee. Parker started acting really strange. I figured he was just worn out from school so I bathed him and rocked him with the intent to let him go to bed early. His breathing was shallow and ragged. He had a hard time talking to me. I asked Dolores to come across the street to make sure I wasn't going crazy. After a few minutes of wondering what to do, I called the doctor and then called Daddy and asked him to meet us at the ER. They triaged us very quickly and we were soon having a chest xray. It came back clean so they ordered a breathing treatment for you. My favorite part was when this cross eyed Dr told me that Parker had an ear infection. I couldn't have cared less about his ears! He was still taking in sharp, quick breaths. Finally, we were on our way home and after a change of clothes I was able to put Parker to bed and say prayers that he'd be all better in the morning. I was so glad we'd be seeing the pediatrician in the morning!
parkerseptember_0028
parkerseptember_0029
parkerseptember_0030
parkerseptember_0031
parkerseptember_0032
parkerseptember_0033

No comments: