Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014: Week 2 | January 5th - 11th.

SUNDAY: We stayed home from church today and hung out as a family before Daniel had to return to work tomorrow. Parker took his first nap in his big boy bed today and did so great! I'm super proud of him for so easily adjusting to change. It has made my life so much easier as his Mama. When it came time for bed time, he wasn't quite sure he wanted to sleep in his "blue bed". I didn't push him and let him sleep in his "brown bed" again (I had no idea it'd be the very last time)!
2014-02-05_0012

MONDAY: Today is our wedding anniversary. We knew we'd have Parker with us so we planned a family dinner date to Olive Garden. Parker and I hung out at home all day anticipating our date with Daddy. He napped in his big boy bed again today without any problems. I was shocked when Daniel walked in the door with an axis and black buck mount...not quite what I expected but it made the moment fun. We took our annual anniversary couple and family photo. This ALWAYS makes us laugh and while it may be a bit stressful at the time, I love looking back at us and seeing how we've changed over the years. Dinner with my boys was sweet and oh so enjoyable. I love the chance to treat ourselves and not have to cook! Tonight, Parker spent the first night in his big boy bed. I wasn't sure I'd be able to sleep and checked on him every time I woke up. I'd promised him a treat if he would stay in his bed all night long so we'll see what I have to come up with.
2014-02-05_0013
2014-02-05_0016
Parker took this photo of the two of us and I just LOVE it! He did a great job.
2014-02-05_0014
2014-02-05_0015
2014-02-05_0017

TUESDAY: Woohoo! Parker did INCREDIBLY in his big boy bed. He asked for his surprise and I treated him to an Olive Garden mint from last night. We went back to school today. It's been a long few weeks without "school day" and after being sick I've looked forward to some quiet time at home to get a few things done that I was forced to leave alone while I rested. Late this afternoon Parker was playing with his "yightening mtween" car while I was in the kitchen. He found this spot in the ice maker and told me that this is where he sleeps. I didn't think anything of it and then hours later as I went to refill my ice water, I laughed my ass off and made Daniel walk to the kitchen to see for himself. I absolutely love all that comes with being a boy mom.
2014-02-06_0001

WEDNESDAY: Parker and I baked muffins this morning and spent the day together at home. His bookshelf came in and once Daddy was home, Parker helped him put it together. I LOVE Parker's big boy room more than I ever thought I would and I'm so glad that he's comfortable in the space. So far we haven't had any issues with wanting to go back across the hall.
2014-02-06_0002

THURSDAY: School day again and some sweet snuggling with Parker this afternoon. I love that he climbed into my lap and asked "Mommy, can I lay on your belly?". These little moments with Parker loving on my belly melt my heart big time.
2014-02-06_0003

FRIDAY: I promised Parker a "pecial date" with Mommy if he slept in his bed all week. He's done better than I ever expected which is becoming so typical of my boy. We headed for a lunch date at CFA, one of Parker's faves. For the first time ever, I ordered him his own meal. We ate, played and sat down to eat again. It occurred to me that I could trade his book for an ice cream cone so I did. I didn't think that he wouldn't know how to lick the cone and it tickled me that he put the entire thing in his mouth. Shortly after this last photo I took, my phone died and I have to say it was such a blessing in disguise because we talked and laughed and kissed to the point that I had tears in my eyes.
2014-02-06_0004
2014-02-06_0005
2014-02-06_0006

SATURDAY: The weather was FINALLY beautiful today so we thought it'd be fun to head to the zoo. WRONG. Everyone in San Antonio was there. IT was super packed, I was dressed too warmly and Parker didn't love that he couldn't freely run around or hear us very well. We zoomed through the zoo and met Hayley and Tate for a quick bite at a local burger joint. Already looking forward to the next time we're able to go and hoping it won't be as packed.
2014-02-06_0007
2014-02-06_0008
2014-02-06_0009

No comments: