Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 1. 2014

Today we begin another new year together. Last night I held you before bed and we prayed for health, happiness and the opportunity to show God's love to others. In just a few short weeks our lives are changing -- drastically. Mommy's belly is growing bigger and baby brother Pierce will be here before we know it. As happy as I am to give you a brother and to watch you fall in love with him, Mama is apprehensive about how I'll manage you both. You dear boy are exhausting. This morning you faced the new year with every bit of energy, noise and attitude that you could muster. I know you have a touch of cabin fever from being cooped up in the house while Mommy was sick and holidays were celebrated. Everyone raved about how wonderful you behaved and now you just need a little adventure. I cried and cried just thinking about it, but asked your Daddy if he would mind if you went to Navasota all by yourself for the next few days. He agreed while I teared up wondering what on Earth I'd do with time and silence. Cookie had joked about taking you back, thinking I would not agree. Realizing that this is likely my last chance to relax with your Daddy (and without you), I decided to pack your bags and put you in the car. You didn't hesitate. You never said no to going, were quick to pack your toys and hop in your car seat. I love you for your independence, though it sometimes breaks my heart. I know that you'll have so much fun without us and I cannot wait to hear you tell me all about it when I pick you up. You're my whole entire life, Parker love. I'll see you in a few days...more relaxed and refreshed and ever so grateful to throw my arms around you and kiss your darling face.

** I took a year, an ENTIRE year off from blogging. How I regret not journaling our life a little better. In 2014, I'm hoping to at least post weekly re-caps in addition to writing about special events that take place.

2014-02-05_0001

No comments: