Saturday, July 10, 2010

Destin, Florida

We held our breath, crossed our fingers and whispered prayers that this trip would not be canceled due to the oil. The beach was more than fine...it was almost completely normal. LOVE my Destin summers more than I can say. There's something so perfect about the white sand, the roar of the ocean hitting the beach, an umbrella, a good book, the blaring radio, cool drinks, and laughter with my favorite women in the world. Already looking forward to the next trip! Special thanks to my sweet husband for not minding my being absent for a week and for taking such good care of the girls.
destin10 - 7
destin10 - 2
Our favorite Baba! So glad that made the trip this summer.
destin10 - 1
Sweetest Aunt EVER!
destin10 - 8
Sisters.
destin10 - 9
Shannion & Kenz
destin10 - 6
destin10 - 3
Emily is with us.
destin10 - 10
destin10 - 4
Wet, sticky, mushy oil.
destin10 - 5
Dry,hard, brittle oil.
destin10 - 18
There are tiny little tar balls.
destin10 - 11
On the way to dinner.
destin10 - 24
Birthday celebration!
destin10 - 12
EBO lived in Destin this summer and joined us for dinner!
destin10 - 13
Bek and Elizabeth
destin10 - 15
I love how great Mama looks in this one!
destin10 - 14
July birthday girl - Han and Mom.
One day of the trip, I spend twenty minutes alone walking the beach and taking photos...so therapeutic.
destin10 - 20
destin10 - 16
Beach clean up crews.
destin10 - 17
I think I want to blow this up!
destin10 - 22
I heart dune photos.
destin10 - 21
Just looking at this makes me want to go back.
destin10 - 23
Super cute beach house.

2009 Beach Trip
2008 Beach Trip

No comments: