Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pierce Daniel | Three Months

My love bug,
Parker is absolutely thrilled that you are both three. He loves when things match or are the same. Being the same as your brother is absolutely the best thing in the world right now. Trying to explain the difference between three months and three years to Parker…well, that’s not so easy. I was thinking about what on Earth to say to you this month and more than anything, I want you to know this: you are the happiest little person I’ve ever met. Every minute of the day, you are completely content with exception to being very hungry, having a dirty diaper or needing help going to sleep.  You are not a crier.  At all. I love this about you. You bring me so much joy and in a whole new way than Parker did. Because you’re so different from your brother, I get to experience you uniquely and sometimes I feel like a first time mama again. It makes me laugh, but I’m learning more and more about gratitude. What a gift this is from the Lord. I’ve had some struggles adjusting to having a newborn again and juggling both my boys, but I’m so thankful that I feel much more relaxed with you. When Parker was little, we had a crazy summer as we prepared to move and looking back, I realize I was stressed. This is not the case for us. Aside from Parker’s preschool activities, we make our own plan as we go. You go with the flow very well and already show me that patience is a virtue you’ve been gifted. I am learning from you, sweet son.
DSC_2482edit

Eating – Oh how you love to nurse! You’re a champ, too. We were averaging around 8 feedings a day, but you’ve just recently started to eat 2-3 times more per day. I think you’re having a little 12 week growth spurt. Some people think you eat quite often but I don’t mind feeding you so much during the day because you sleep beautifully at night. Typically I feed you before I go to bed, once during the night and then again around the time Daddy goes to work. I can certainly handle 4-5+ hour stretches. You have just started nursing primarily on one side at each feeding. This means that one side has to wait approximately 6 hours before it’s used again. You completely shocked my body the first day you did this and I was uncomfortable for most of the day and ended up pumping about 4 times. It was a quick adjustment for the most part though.
DSC_2472edit

Sleeping – You sleep when you’re tired. You have a sweet fussy sound you make and I know that you’ve had enough. If we’re at home I put a paci in your mouth, stick you in the crook of my arm and bounce you to sleep. You’re so good at letting me put you down once you’ve drifted off. Sometimes I can’t get to you as soon as I’d like to and you calmly fuss yourself to sleep. Sweet boy. There’s not much schedule to your napping, especially on days that we have to be in and out of the car to take Parker to school. At night, you fall asleep and typically give me 3+ hour stretches. Depending on the kind of day you’ve had you’ll occasionally sleep upwards of 5 hours at a time. You’re easy, my love. You sleep until around 7am which leaves me feeling like I can get through the day without a nap. Of course, I sometimes still love to hold you and snuggle while you nap because I know that all too soon you’ll be too big for such.
DSC_2466edit

Measurements – We weighed you at home and you’re 15 pounds! You wear 6 month clothing and some 6-9 months, expecially in pjs. You're now in size 2 diapers. You’re still my little chunky man and I love it. We call you fatty-fatty, chunky munky, chubalub…I hope that you it doesn’t give you a complex and can assure you that we all think you’re adorable and love every little roll and dimple on your body.
DSC_2433edit

This Happened –
Met Aunt Ann at Bubba’s crawfish boil
Sat in your bumbo
1st trip to the library and playground with Mama and Parker
Attended Cameron and Trish’s wedding
Went to East TX to visit Baba. Met Don & Dolores, Baba’s friends, Wink & Vivian
Lunch date with Mama – met Trish & Jack, Jenny & Ellie and Liz H
Road trip to Grana & Papa’s for your first Cousin Camp
1st Parent’s Night Out at Shearer Hills
1st trip to SeaWorld and Aquatica
Mama left you and Parker in Navasota while I went to Vegas for Coach Summit
DSC_2426edit

Things You Do --
Grasp fabric
make a grrrrr sound in the back of your throat
laugh when being tickled
smile all the time
pump your chubby legs like you're riding a bicycle
DSC_2424edit

You Love – holding onto fabric – your clothes, night night or mama’s shirt; watching tv; having your hands on top of your covers – your fingers are ice cold throughout the night; putting your hands in your mouth
DSC_2417edit

Mama Loves – your precious smile; when you look up at me when nursing and grin so big…such a flirty man; your sweet little sounds when you “talk” to us; when you uncurl your fist and place your hand on me as if you’re holding me or patting me; the way you look at your big brother – you love when he talks to you, holds you or snuggles up next to you.
DSC_2414edit
DSC_2409edit
DSC_2406edit





No comments: