Thursday, February 19, 2009

Monkey Toes

So we have this thing in our family that we laugh about. It involves people's toes. Only a select few have "the toes" and we consider ourselves quite unique. Apparently my great-grandfather Dick had them. I don't remember Dick. Cousin Cliff has them. Cousin Laura has them. Sweet Emily had them. I most definitely have them. Our toes are so long that they resemble fingers. When I was born, they said I had monkey toes. These toes are special: we can pinch with them, even pick things up with them. Oh, the talent that lies within us! Laura and I are united in that our toes make us better people. New little baby Ella has the toes! This means she'll likely be strong, opinionated, talkative...you know, female. She'll fit right in. I can't wait to be her friend. It's killing me that I can't take her picture, but I'm so glad that her Mama and Daddy and MamaD are clicking away with their camera phones like crazy people.

Today's Ella Update is that she is doing VERY well. She's eating and continuing to grow and develop. All great signs of a healthy baby. Please continue praying!

ella's toes

3 comments:

JMHickerson said...

Thoughts and Prayers with you and your family during this time of joy and saddness.

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

I'm praying for you guys! I haven't had a chance to check blogs in a few days.

I'm praying for God's peace to reign down on your family and for His strength to be mighty to this tiny precious one.

Let me know if there is anything I can do, okay. I love you!

Brittney Hale said...

I found your blog through Carly and want to extend my heartfelt grief for your family. My heart truely aches for your cousin and I wish them peace and comfort at this difficult time. I also pray that baby girl will continue to thive. Im sure her brother is by her side giving her stregth.