Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Ruidoso, NM

The Shalley Family:

I spent my first married Christmas with my wonderful inlaws. The Shalley Family Christmas Celebration took place in Ruidoso, NM this year. Eight Texans took off Saturday morning and arrived in NM later that afternoon. The drive wasn't too terribly long and we made great time. I spent most of the car ride napping...I guess I needed to catch up on my rest. Almost immediately after arriving at Nanny's, Guitar Hero and Wii were plugged in and played! What a hit those two games were; they definitely provided the entertainment for the week. Sunday, six of us went skiing at Ski Apache. We were quite disappointed with the fact that only 10% of the mountain was open, but decided to stick it out and make the most out of the day. Jake and Dan tried snowboarding - Dan hated it! I didn't like the fact that Dan didn't ski with me, so I'm glad that he didn't take to it. Sunday night, Jake got sick and had to be taken to the hospital. Long story short, we think he had a case of food poisoning. YUCKY! I fell in LOVE with one of our little cousins, Chris. Or maybe he fell in love with me, we haven't decided yet. All I know is that he hung out with me for hours, reviewed his Spanish vocabulary with me, played Wii bowling with me and gave me a ton of kisses. What a sweetie! The rest of the week was spent hanging out with all the Shalleys. We had a very fun, relaxing week! Thanks so much to Nanny for letting eleven of us, along with three dogs, crash at her house. Thanks also to Deeds & Chuck for hosting Christmas dinner and game night. We had a blast!

GUITAR HEROS
SKIERS
COUSINS
CHUCK, DEEDS, AARON & CHRIS
NIKKI, BUDDY & NATINA
J&H
SB&J
S&D

1 comment:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

How awesome! I would love for our family to head to NM for Christmas every year. We LOVE to ski! Looks like you guys had a blast.

Love ya!