Monday, November 26, 2007

Spirit

Daniel and I put our Christmas tree up tonight and it really put me in the Spirit of Christmas! Well, that and KSBJ 89.3 - those crazy people started playing Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving. Woah!
This is our first married Christmas which means that this is the first time I've ever had my very own tree (in college we decorated a ficus). I've been decorating Christmas trees for years and years and years (I'm a pro) but this year was different in that it held extra special meaning.

Since we married two weeks after Christmas last year, a few very special ladies (Laura, Michele, Tracy, Tammy & Margo) decided to hostess a wedding shower with a twist. They purchased my Christmas tree and asked all the attendees to bring Christmas ornaments instead of the regular registry items. As I unwrapped each ornament from its tissue paper, I smiled, laughed and cried as I remembered which ones my dearest friends and family had chosen for me. Ladies, I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Each year, I will cherish the time that I carefully select the branch to display your precious ornament.

If you ever have an opporunity to do something like this for someone..go for it! The Christmas shower was so fun and will always be special to me!



1 comment:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

So fun! That is such a neat idea!

I can't believe that this time last year you were almost a married woman and now look at you missy.....all domestic.

Love it! Miss your sweet smile.
Lyns