Saturday, January 23, 2016

Week 3 | January 17-23

My week started with super sweet snuggles with my big boy. Pierce usually wakes up first so we very rarely get time alone in the mornings and I miss it so much. Our mornings have been very busy lately so starting the day slowly while snuggling and talking was perfect.
january2016shalley_0042
Sunday smiles weren't so smiley today. Pierce didn't want to cooperate at all. After a few tries I gave up and just let the boys act super silly.
january2016shalley_0043
january2016shalley_0044
When we got home from church, Rebekah and Roberto were waiting to take the boys home with them for the night. Daniel and I never know what to do with all the silence. Our home feels so strange without the boys in it. I ended up taking a nap and I have no idea what Daniel did. The boys took a trip to see Poppy and loved petting on the horses and cows. january2016shalley_0045
january2016shalley_0059
january2016shalley_0060
Daniel and I went to an early movie and didn't love it. We saw Joy and despite the good cast, it was just s l o w. I don't recommend paying much money to see it. I spent the morning catching up on work, getting in a workout and then drove to Navasota to get the boys Monday afternoon and they absolutely didn't want to come home. No surprise there. Big celebration tonight when Pierce went pee pee on the potty. It's not his first time, but he isn't consistently going so we make a big deal when something happens. He was so proud and really loved the m&m treat. Hopefully he'll get better about going each night before bath. We are in no way potty training. I let Parker do his thing and it happened very naturally. I'd love for that to be the case with my Pierce.
january2016shalley_0047
After school Tuesday afternoon we headed over to a long time friend's home to play with their 8 lab puppies before they all went to their forever homes. The boys both loved getting to throw the ball with Ruby, the mama dog and having baby dogs lick all over them.
january2016shalley_0048
Parker also had some exciting news to share. It may just be this particular pair of jeans, but he was able to button them all on his own. What a big step! He gains more independence every day. I'm so proud but my heart also breaks a tiny bit about the fact that he needs me a little less.
january2016shalley_0049
Before swimming lessons on Wednesday morning, these two sillies did some sweet cuddling. The moments they spend loving on one another make my heart so happy. I'm sure screams followed close behind.
january2016shalley_0050
Thursday Parker ran into a pole at school. His teacher texted me about it and then called to follow up. I adore her and sure hope we get an equally great kindergarten teacher. It seems that my boy was running fast and not paying attention to where he was going. This is not his first run in with a pole. Poor kid. Thursday afternoon was a long one: Daniel went quail hunting in Millican and wasn't home before bedtime. Pierce crawled up into my lap a few time this afternoon to be sweet. Most of the time he is so silly and funny but sometimes is also just b a d. He does not love to listen and only when I'm on my way to spank his leg does he finally do as was asked. It's so crazy, the difference in personalities between 1st and 2nd born. Pretty sure this one is going to make me crazier than I already am. And then, he had a super sincere moment where he lay his head on me and said "Awwww" and I melted. Daddy Daniel walked in the door just in time to kiss Parker goodnight. We were snuggled in bed reading. One of my deepest hopes and prayers is that my boys will always see mama's lap as a place to lay their heads and talk about their day, singing made up songs and asking questions that I sometimes don't even know the answer to. Tonight we read a few pages of Old Yeller and googled native Americans and mules and scythes to see what they look like. And he kicked his Daddy out of his room and sang to me "Jesus loves all the grown ups of the world". Every day I wake up and he walks into my room looking more mature than the morning before. His silly smile makes me hold my breath because I can't believe how stinking cute he is. I love everything about this image and the moments we shared tonight.
january2016shalley_0051
While Pierce napped on Friday, Parker was WILD and LOUD while playing with his legos. We packed our bag and were all ready to jump in the truck and head to Van Vleck when Daddy walked in from his long meeting. Parker had a rough ride and felt sick most of the way there. Thankfully, he felt well enough to grab a bite at the local mexican food joint.
january2016shalley_0052
Saturday morning we ate a great breakfast and then dressed for a day outside in the cold. The boys were super excited to go fishing! Parker caught a fish all on his own while I was headed to the house for Pierce's nap. I'm so sad I missed it but loved hearing him tell me all about it. The boys had a great time celebrating Papa's birthday with him. Their love for all things outdoors makes a day like today really fun for everyone. After a very yummy dinner, baths and pjs we headed back to Cypress so that we could spend the day at home tomorrow.
january2016shalley_0053
january2016shalley_0054
january2016shalley_0055
january2016shalley_0056
january2016shalley_0057

Another week of sleepy head photos. Going strong!
january2016shalley_0058

No comments: