Saturday, March 15, 2014

2014: Week 11 | March 9th - March 15th.

SUNDAY: 9th - We slept until 8:30 this morning and then hit the ground running to prepare the house and the food for my baby shower. We were busy for hours and then the door bell rang and lots  of friends were here. It was so fun to spend time with neighbors, Mops mamas and San Antonio friends all at once. We ate yummy yummy food, chatted and opened gifts. I'm so blessed to have met such sweet people here in San Antonio.
Paci update: Hollered a little at nap time.
IMG_1880
IMG_1881

MONDAY: 10th - Parker, Hannah, Bekah, Grana, Colt and I all enjoyed a much needed lazy morning at home. We've been going pretty hard all weekend and I haven't felt 100% so sitting and watching tv and doing a few things around the house was right up my alley today. After naps, Jacob came to pick up Grana and Colt and take them to his house. We've really enjoyed having both them and Sarabeth here for the past few days. The girls offered to take Parker on a special aunt date tonight so I texted Daniel to see if he'd be interested in dinner and movie, possibly our last chance at seeing one before Pierce arrives. They headed to "Chick a Yay" and we went to Target for more sinus meds. Oh, how I long to feel better so that this baby man can come. We popped into Chili's for an appetizer and warm soup and then went across the street to see Non Stop with Liam Neeson. Throughout the night, I received texts of Parker's "special date". That boy is so loved by his Hannah and Bekah. It brings me to tears to see the pure joy on his face when he's with them. Parker was supposed to be in bed when we got home but instead was sitting on the couch eating sunflower seeds and watching a movie when we walked in the door. Apparently the girls had had such a great time with him that they weren't ready to let him go to sleep yet. He recounted his entire night of dinner at CFA, racing at Ulta, sitting in a dog house at PetSmart, renting movies, buying beer and seeds, taking a bath with Bekah and watching the yellow man movie (Dispicable Me 2). Daniel and I just laughed....it was like we were staring at an 8 year old. After a teeth brushing we tucked him in with no problem and all headed to bed ourselves. I am grateful for sisters who love my son so much and are willing to spend a night doing just about anything he wants so that I get one on one with my sweet husband. Hopefully, they can manage two wild boys!
Paci update: Cried for about 3 minutes and otherwise did great. Did well at bedtime too.
IMG_1898
IMG_1906

TUESDAY: 11th - The girls and I spent the morning at home with Parker and then got out for lunch. We decided FreeBirds sounded delish. We put Parker down for a nap and hung out together until Cookie arrived. It was time to say goodbye to Han and Bek and jump in the car with Cookie for a date to SeaWorld. We met up with Grana, Sarabeth, Colt and Tate and walked around to see a few animals. The park was the most packed I'd ever seen it so we didn't linger or try to attend a show. We headed home to see Daddy. This spring break is so much fun and we love getting to see so many members of our family all at once!
Paci update: Fell asleep great.
IMG_1924
IMG_1925
IMG_1926
IMG_1927
IMG_1944
IMG_1947
IMG_1949
IMG_1957
IMG_1950

WEDNESDAY: 12th - After not sleeping at all last night, I dressed at 6am, woke Mom to tell her to listen for Parker and drove myself to urgent care. I'd spent the entire night with an earache and coughing. Oh gracious, the coughing! I'm sick of it. I was diagnosed with an ear infection and sinus infection with throat irritation from drainage. Thankfully the doctor prescribed amoxicillin for me and recommended I use some cough syrup. I came back to the house, made pancakes for Cookie, Parker and myself and then napped for an hour. We slowly got ready to run a few errands then headed for Starbucks before making returns at Babies R Us. Parker made us laugh by trying all the cars, trucks and four wheelers. We then moved on to trikes and even looked at balance bikes for his upcoming birthday. He was super cute with his helmet on. He did so well in the store that we came home with Cowboy the german shepherd and Bruiser the brown bear. Mom and I had a few more places we wanted to visit so we headed to TJ Maxx. Sadly Parker made several bad choices and with it being both time to eat lunch and nap, I headed to the car with him to wait on Cookie. Once home he  was back to his sweet self. We laid down for a late nap and then met Daddy Daniel at Target to pick up a few things before heading to dinner at Red Robin. Parker did great falling asleep at both nap and night time today. He is absolutely loving having Rocky in his bed each night. Boy and dog: it's absolutely precious.
IMG_1955
IMG_1971
IMG_1973
IMG_1974
IMG_1982

THURSDAY: 13th - Last night, I took as much medicine as I possibly could and slept beautifully until 3:51am. And then, nothing. I coughed. And coughed and coughed. So terribly that I drove Daniel to the couch. I think I spent about 30 minutes feeling like death and then napped for an hour, on repeat until 8am. Coughing at 39 weeks pregnant is pure cruelty. I'm so sore, Pierce can't stand it and moves around a bunch and I have to constantly use the bathroom....which isn't helpful when trying to sleep. At 8 I gave in and got up to see Parker and Cookie. We all had breakfast and once again, slowly dressed for a day full of errands. Since we were unable to go yesterday, we headed to the fabric store in hopes to find something to use for a lamp for Pierce's room. Joanne's was a bust;  we moved on to Old Navy but didn't see anything there either so we hiked to Ross where I found a few post baby workout items and two pair of shorts for my big boy. Parker and Cookie walked across the parking lot to Pier One and I met them there in the car. I had a 3 year old gift card to spend and ended up finding two new pillows for our living room couches. Thankfully "Panda Bear" was right there in the parking lot. It was already past one and time for a nap, but I thought that I may buy us some time if I fed Parker before heading up to The Rim. Cookie, Parker and I had a great lunch. We always enjoy "orange shiken and fortune cookies". At The Rim we popped into Carter's to look for shirts that would match the shorts I'd just picked up. I die. Carter's makes my heart melt in the most stupid way. Why do some of their tiny little clothes have to be so adorable? Oh, and if I were having a girl: the mint green and hot pink/neon orange combo killed me!!! We ended up getting five or so shirts and some play clothes all for $0. Yay! Another gift card well spent. Love it. At Home Goods, I searched for more pillows but there was nothing. Instead, I found a few navy and white striped baskets and a huge "Twinkle Twinkle" canvas for Pierce's room. We'd gone long and hard all day. At this point, it was after 3pm. Parker was crashing and I was having a few contractions from not having rested all day. We hurried home for a quick nap and planned on taking Cookie back to SeaWorld for the sea lion show. Our nap was so quick that Parker woke up a complete grump but perked up when his Daddy surprised him by walking in the door and announcing that he would be going with us! Thank goodness for Daddies. I thought that the park would be just as busy as it had been Tuesday but surprisingly, it was quite normal and we had no problem getting in and making our way to the stadium for a seat. Sweet Parker loves watching animals so he enjoyed himself. Before heading home we also saw a new show called "A Beluga Story", featuring Sampson a seven month old little gray calf. I'm so glad we were able to take Cookie back to the park with us before she heads home. We can't wait to have her return this summer for some fun at Aquatica!
IMG_1993
IMG_1995

FRIDAY: 14th - It's 4:28 am and I'm sitting on the cool bathroom floor coughing. Again. For the third morning in a row, I'm awake long before I should be. Daniel is annoyed and all I want to do is cry from exhaustion and frustration. Instead, I sit here trying to catch up on blogs and wait for my codeine to kick in. It's been 30 minutes...maybe I can fall asleep again before having to head to the OB in a few hours. At 6:20 I woke up coughing so badly that I just jumped in the shower and headed to the living room to sit behind my laptop. Parker woke up soon so I grabbed him and we snuggled and watched tv until Daddy and Cookie woke up. I'm so glad that I asked Daniel to go to the doctor with me. I wept all morning from exhaustion and the fact that I feel so badly. I really want to feel better and enjoy these last few days of being pregnant before Pierce is here. Just last night I wasn't sure what I would say to the doctor today, but my inability to control my emotions is telling me that it's time...it's time to have this baby boy. Daniel dropped me off and I made my way to the third floor where he met me in the waiting room. I went back to use the potty and saw that Dr. Perez was headed out for a delivery. He grinned at me and promised he'd be back soon. I assured him I wouldn't be leaving until we had a chance to chat. I was taken back and checked by a nurse/mid wife. I'd made just a little progress and was now a 2. With tears in my eyes, I told her that I couldn't be pregnant anymore. I shared the details of the week with her and waited for Dr Perez to return. He took one look at me and said "you look like you're done". We discussed an induction and I was sad to learn that there would be no way I would be admitted to the hospital that evening. In fact, he thought it may be later in the week before the hospital had room. Dr Perez left the room and it was only minutes before he poked his head back in and said "nine o'clock Sunday night?"...best news ever! I tried not to second guess myself or have doubts about an induction. Once I realized that I'd be admitted at 39.3 and deliver at 39.4 (the exact same as Parker), I was at total peace. We made phone calls and send text messages to friends and family and then headed home to ask Cookie if she'd please stay until Pierce arrived. Mom, Dad, Baba, Maegan, Hannah, Bekah, Berto and Brandi all made arrangements to be here for Pierce's birth. With that settled, Cookie and I took Parker to CFA for a lunch date before nap time while Daniel went to the SA sales office for a few hours of work. Once he was home, he took over with Parker while Mom and I went and grabbed a pedicure and a few things for dinner.
IMG_2002
IMG_2008
IMG_1982
IMG_2021

SATURDAY: 15th - Mom and I spent some time putting together Pierce's room and cleaning up the house. The baby's room is super cute and simple. He still needs a few things to hang on his wall but I'm not in much of a hurry since we have everything we need for his arrival. I insisted on steam cleaning the carpet in the boys rooms today and love how nice it feels to have everything in order. Baba, Maegan and Copper made it here this afternoon and Parker is loving that he has more of his people and another dog to play with. My sisters and Dad and Brandi should be here tomorrow and we can head to the hospital to meet Mr Pierce.
IMG_2025
He only wanted me because his Daddy was outside. He barely has room to curl up in my lap over my almost 40 week belly. I am often not his first choice in this season...but tomorrow night I leave I leave him and return home with another little man so I'll take it. Snuggles with my grumpy big brother Parker made my heart full this afternoon.

No comments: