Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Parker {Six Months}

My dear Parker,
 If I were capable, I'd freeze time right now and live in these moments for another month or two. So far, month six has been my absolute favorite with you! You are the happiest little boy and everyone loves to be around you. You literally stop traffic when we're out and about. It could be your bright "blues" or maybe it's that huge grin and darling two "toofies". You've definitely stolen my heart {and run away with it!}. I wept as I prayed over you tonight...I can't believe how quickly we've arrived at this sixth month milestone. I hope I'm soaking up all the right moments. I know that I can't ever get enough of you, not even on our most challenging days. I don't want to miss anything {this coming from the Mommy who didn't think she'd survive not being a school teacher}. I love that you smile the moment you see me in the mornings and that all day long, you look at me with that mouth-wide-open-grin, like I'm the best thing you've ever seen. I know you won't always feel this way so I'm enjoying it while I can. I love the way you melt into me when you're tired and are ready for a bottle and sleep. You've taught me that  no one can hold a baby like its Mama. You make me laugh so hard! Everything is interesting to you and I get to watch the world unfold around you. I can literally see you thinking and learning as you take it all in. You now want to touch everything...then stick it in your mouth! You're a big boy - sitting up, spitting, babbling, laughing, smiling and wanting to be on the go. Today, I dressed you in big boy clothes and took you out for a photo session. I heard you laugh out loud when I wasn't watching and saw you reaching for your Bully-girl. I scooped you up when you fell backward and hit your head on the carpeted floor {it took a paci and some rocking on the back porch to soothe you}. I watched you play independently for the longest time and then holler at me when you realized that Mama wasn't beside you after all - so I came and sat with you, of course. I held your hands and shushed your screams while you received four shots at your appointment. You were just fine once I could pick you up and offer you milk- so tough! As I rocked you to sleep and said our prayers tonight, I realized that at the end of every day I somehow love you more than the day before.
sixmonthsticker - 21
sixmonthsticker - 6
sixmonthsticker - 8
sixmonthsticker - 10
Eating - Oh my goodness....just when I thought you couldn't possibly eat any more! Haha. You are eating 6 ice cubes for breakfast {with cereal} and 6 ice cubes for dinner. This month you added plum, mango, peaches, squash, carrots, chicken and beef to your menu. You obviously like some foods more than others - sweet potatoes and pears are your favorite! I appreciate that you are such a good eater and often wonder if you'd stop if the food were unlimited. You're drinking one 7oz bottle in the morning and at night and two to three 4 oz bottles throughout the day. Sometimes you hold them all by yourself but mostly leave it up to Mama. One big change is that you don't have to be held like a baby; sometimes you face away from me and try to sit up and drink like a big boy. I'm not so sure I like this...means by baby is getting too big!
sixmonthsticker - 11
sixmonthsticker - 12
sixmonthsticker - 13
sixmonthsticker - 15
Sleeping - I'm afraid to talk about sleeping. Your daytime naps are really good. You wake up and within 2-2.5 hours, you're ready for a bottle, some rocking and a nap. Not bad. I use this time to shower and get dressed for whatever we have planned for the afternoon. As long as you have your morning nap, the afternoons are available for running errands. You need {and usually crave} an afternoon nap as well and most of the time it happens. It's just not quite as scheduled as the morning and that's okay. I like being a little more flexible now that you're older. Your bed time routine is the same, but we've pushed the time forward to adjust for daylight savings and in order to get to spend more time with Daddy. This means that you sometimes need a quick 30minute cat nap, but I don't mind rocking you while you snooze. You now eat dinner at 7, take a bath and go night night at 8. Your night time sleep has improved soooo much! I'm very proud of us. I let you fuss more than I used to and you're learning how to soothe yourself back to sleep. Sometimes you sleep through the night but haven't done so for more than two nights in a row. I know we'll both be sleeping someday soon {I hope}.
sixmonthsticker - 16
sixmonthsticker - 17
sixmonthsticker - 18

sixmonthsticker - 19
I don't ever want to forget the way you curl your toes when you sit. Love this littlest thing...
Measurements - We saw your new pediatrician and I like her enough. At six months, you weigh 17lb 12oz are 26.25inches long and have an foc of 16 7/8. I keep thinking you're a big boy, but you're only in the 40-50%'s! What kind of babies are they measuring? You got your shots today and I threw in a flu shot for good measure. You are sooooo good about shots. Once you're up and have a bottle, all the trauma is over. Whew. One thing we must start working on is moving from pureed food to finger food. I thought we were ahead, but I guess not. Homework, sweet boy! Shouldn't be a problem since it involves eating.
sixmonthsticker - 20
sixmonthsticker - 23
sixmonthsticker - 24
Ohhhhh, flirty face! Mr. Innocent.
All About You - Somehow you are cuter every day. It's quite unbelievable and not just your Mama recognizes it. People call me to tell me that they don't think you can get any cuter and then you do! :) Your personality is hilarious. You're sweet and good natured, all smiles unless you want something you don't have. You're a champ at spitting and blowing raspberries by putting your tongue between your lips {photos above!}. This cracks us up, especially since you seem to have it timed for really appropriate moments {Mama says "I love you Parker"....spit}. When we rock to sleep you now take a break to burp but also have to stand up on me, grab my shirt and hair and pull my face to yours. I try to steal as many kisses as I can! You love to drink your bottle and play with my hand, watching my fingers bend. I know you are thinking hard and figuring something out. The puppy girls entertain you all day long. Harley is your favorite {by default}...she comes close and you flinch/close your eyes but grin and open your mouth and reach for her. She'll let you grab a fist full of hair. Yuck! Bully girl is soooo good with you and never seems to mind that you're so interested in her.You pat- pat- pat with your flat little hand on every surface and on both you and me. I take this opportunity to say Ma-ma, Ma-ma. Maybe somehow this will be your first word. :) Everything in the world goes in your mouth! You love to make lots of noise and talk to me all day. I love spending so much time together!
sixmonthsticker - 25
sixmonthsticker - 26
sixmonthsticker - 28
Likes  -watching puppies play, watching Word World on tv,  the tv in the car, the sound of Mama's pump, cell phones, your jumper, eating, bottles, musical toys, sitting in the stroller/ shopping cart like a big boy, checking people out in public - you're very very curious, bath time, bed time snuggles and play time, when Mommy laughs

Dislikes -being stuck on your tummy or back, when you can't have something you want, sitting in high chair without food. *Hard to think of things...you like almost everything!
sixmonthsticker - 29
sixmonthsticker - 30

No comments: