Monday, July 25, 2011

Lily's Almost Two. Houston Children's Portrait Photographer.

Dear Lily,
You aren't mine, but I love you like you are. I can't believe that you're almost TWO. It seems like yesterday that I placed my hand on your Mommy's belly and felt you hiccup. I feel like I just held you in the hospital, tried to get you to stop screaming your first few weeks at home, watched you scoot across the floor and take your first steps, heard you say your first words...and in reality that was years ago. You are such a big girl now. I love your fun spirit and your independence. You are brave and adventurous, trying to do things on your own and potentially hurting yourself in the process. We constantly tell you to be careful and often kiss boo-boos. You are funny and make us laugh with your "chinese" language and silly faces. You are smart! You know colors, ABC's, numbers, Sesame Street characters and sign language. Your vocabulary improves weekly. I recently watched you pray at dinner and I wanted to cry. I am so thankful that you know that that's what we're supposed to do. I am confident that your sweet heart will love Jesus at an early age. My favorite thing is that you are 100% girl! Your "aunt" Sarah appreciates that you love pretty things, especially pink and sparkles. We currently have matching flip flops! You love to dress yourself...some ensembles are more interestingly put together than others. You give the very best big hugs and kisses. Thank you for making Daniel and me feel so special! Since I had Parker, things have changed. I miss being able to walk in the door and scoop you up, letting nothing distract me from you. You have done so well at adjusting to having to share the spotlight. Right now, you like to say "hi Baby" to my Parker boy. You run to him with his paci when you hear him get upset and when he lets you, you take his paci out and put it back in over and over. You kiss his face (on the lips) and tickle his "piggy" toes. Ya'll are adorable together and I cannot wait to see a meaningful friendship form between the two of you. I know he'll always think of you as a big sister. My sweet girl, I fell in love with you the minute I knew you existed. Your Mommy is my very best friend and I can never possibly thank her for letting me be such a big part of your life. In a few weeks, Uncle Dan, Parker and I are moving to San Antonio (just 3 short hours away) and I will miss you so much! With few exceptions, we've seen you on a weekly basis your whole life! We'll have to make special dates to drive back and forth and you and Mommy will have to Skype so that I can see your darling grin. You are so dear to me and no matter what, you'll always be the first little girl I loved.
lilytwo - 21
lilytwo - 8
lilytwo - 20
lilytwo - 7
lilytwo - 19
lilytwo - 6
lilytwo - 18
lilytwo - 17
lilytwo - 16
lilytwo - 2
lilytwo - 15
lilytwo - 14
lilytwo - 13
lilytwo - 12
lilytwo - 11
lilytwo - 10
lilytwo - 9
lilytwo - 3
lilytwo - 5
lilytwo - 4
lilytwo - 1
lily

No comments: