Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Parker's First Road Trip. Texas Aggie Baseball.

parker - 82
When Derrick Hadley, pitcher for Texas A&M and my former student, let me know he'd be starting on the mound tonight I REALLY wanted to drive to College Station to see him pitch. With a three week old, I wasn't sure I'd make it back to Olsen Field this season. Daniel agreed to drive us to College Station, but we first stopped in Nav to pick up Rebekah who has never been to an Aggie baseball game before! It felt great to be out of the house and on our way to do something fun. Each time I pack the diaper bag, I learn new lessons about what is important not to forget. These past three weeks, I've exclusively nursed Parker. For tonight's outing, I pumped and packed bottles, hoping that I wouldn't have to go to the car to feed Park. We ran into SO MANY people from Navasota! Parker did really well. It was pretty hot out so holding him was a little uncomfortable for both of us. He took a 2.5 ounce bottle around 7, then fell asleep in the Moby. We left by 8:30 and Parker screamed as soon as I put him in the car seat. Out came another bottle! We made it home and I fed Parker and we were asleep by 11:45. I guess the road trip wore him out because Parker ended up sleeping FIVE straight hours. I woke in a panic, realizing that I'd slept longer than I usually do and felt RESTED. Wow, what a miracle 5 straight hours is to a new mama's tired body. Since Parker did so well, I really hope we're able to get out more often.

No comments: