Saturday, May 9, 2009

Meeting Ella

I prayed for you...I whispered into her ear as I kissed her for the first time. I've dreamt of a child for Laura & Jarrod. And she's home, she's finally home. This past Wednesday I was able to hold her in my arms and stare at her as my heart filled with pride and happiness. It was exciting to see her in her home, in her crib, being held by her mama and daddy. Ohhhh, I can't wait until I can keep her all by myself. I can't wait to watch her grow up, slowly though - who's in a rush? Being a part of this little girl's life, showing her what it means to be a woman in THIS family, and watching as she feels the effects of our love will be everything - really. We're cousins and in this great big 'ole crazy family of girls, cousins are important. They're our friends, no matter how many years separate us in age. They are our escape from our sistas and our mamas. They understand us in a way that no one else does.

ellag
We're in love, already looking forward to my next visit.
ellag6
The girl has clothes!
ellag4
Looooove this sign! Seriously, I've prayed my heart out for this child.
ellag3
Mmmmm. Time for a snack.
2
My little baby-doll. She's still a tiny thing.
ellag5
A sweet smile!
ellag7
Nothing like a nap on Daddy.

Soon, we'll be making a date for some newborn pics. Can't wait!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad your baby cousin is home. I can just imagine how much her mommy and daddy love having her at home.

Unknown said...

YAY!! She looks amazing. I am so happy for Ella and for ALL of you!! It was a pleasure to get to take care of her! - "Nurse Alex" :)

Unknown said...

AND, a BIG P.S. -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! =)