Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Bday To Me!

If you look closely, you can see the gray in my hair. If you study my face, you'll see that the lines don't disappear. I'm 26 years old. My birthday was made absolutely incredible by my sweet, sweet husband. Friday night we went to a movie and he made sure that I slept well by giving me a new pillow. This morning, we went to one of my all time favorite places -- the zoo! If you know my heart, you know that I'm a sucker for animals. We walked and talked and I read the signs and took as many pictures as possible. After a hot day in the sun, Daniel took me to Ella's so that he could meet the sweet girl. We loved holding her and kissing her and being thankful that she's here. Laura bought me a cake and sang me happy birthday. We had yummy burgers and just stared at our girl. 25 was a rough year...a quarter of a century marked with challenge, grief, pain, heartache, depression, sadness, loss. In that 25th year of life, I lost myself and found myself again. I believed in Jesus more than ever. I depended on my husband in a way that I didn't know possible. I was taught the value of love, life, and family and I now know sacrifice. 25 years. I've loved. I've laughed. I've lived. 26 began with smiles, laughter, hugs, gifts, the feeling of importance and appreciation. I know that with each breath I take, I'm lucky for what I have, for all that I've been given. I want this feeling of blessedness to last forever.

bday11
Bday dinner with Steph & Jason (not pictured), Jon & Cara, Liz & Jim.
bday10
My Zoo Day
bday1
bday2
bday3
bday6
bday7
bday12
bday13
bday5
We are so in love with Ella Grace.
bday8
Dan is a sucker for baby girls on his chest. I can't wait to see him be a Papi to our kiddos (no news!)
bday9
My newest cousin. God filled a hole in my heart with this life. I have hope for you baby girl. I know you will forever change us. I look forward to watching you grow and love and live.
bday4

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey Girly! Happy Birthday! I found your blog through someone elses...love it. Your photos are amazing! Hope your 26th year is wonderful. -Kristen Bradford

Unknown said...

Happy belated Birthday!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day! I love all those animal pictures!

Enoch Photography said...

Happy belated Birthday Sarah. Have a great weekend! Oh and I love those zoo images... i'm a sucker for animals... //enoch