Tuesday, May 19, 2009

1st Ever! Real Opportunities.

I am so proud to announce that the first ever Sarah Shalley Photography Real Opportunities Scholarship was given tonight! Several students applied for the scholarship and I was blown away by Maritza's essay. This girl participates in everything! She is brilliant and wants to change the world by becoming a doctor. If anyone can, she can. I believe in her and can't wait to see what she accomplishes. I'm honored to have her represent my business.
maritza
In addition to giving my scholarship, I also presented a scholarship on behalf of my family. My parents, sisters, aunt & uncle, grandmother, cousin and Daniel and I gave a scholarship in memory of our sweet Emily. It was difficult to stand before a crowd of people and speak her name without becoming emotional. 9 months today, our Emily went to Heaven. At the scholarship banquet, I mentioned that Emily was so devoted to her friends, her school, her teammates. She loved everything Tiger. She was loyal to her community and her school. When reading through the scholarship applicants, one person stood out above all. His essay brought tears to my eyes. He is a Rattler through and through. He loves our small town and our school. He has dedicated his high school years to representing NHS by being a Student Council officer, a member of National Honor Society, a part of the band, and our mascot Venom. No one deserved this scholarship more than Cole. Emily would definitely agree. We love you Cole. Can't wait to visit you at SFA.
cole

Best of luck to both of you! Congratulations.

1 comment:

Brandi Tejeda said...

How awesome of you! I love that your family put together a scholarship in honor of Emily's memory. Thats wonderful. I didnt know her...but everytime I see a dragonfly..I think of her.