Thursday, March 5, 2009

Keep On Keepin On

I'm not one for public pity parties. In private, I wallow. I dive in head first and sink myself in pity, especially lately. Ask Daniel...he's got to be ready for me to get out of this funk. Here's the deal though, we've been through the most difficult 6 months we've ever known. Because I believe, I have to ask you - please keep praying! Prayer works. And I need you calling out our names when you go to God.

This is just as much for me as it is for you.
Just a little bit of info:
1. Last April, my great grandmother Bebe suffered a stroke. She grows weaker when she isn't in physical therapy. I haven't actually seen her since December, but I have spoken to her on the phone. Not too long ago, she mentioned that she wished she could get this out of her and be cured. WOW. Please pray that Bebe has peace of mind, that she's comfortable in her new way of living [though it stinks] until she goes to be with the Lord [could be tomorrow, could be 20 years], or that God will heal her and restore her to perfect health.
2. In August, my loud mouthed, big footed, hard headed teenage cousin Emily died unexpectedly in a one car accident. We are so thankful that no one else was involved. We love knowing that she's perfect in Heaven. We are grateful for the people we've come to love since losing Em. Please pray for continued healing for all of our hearts. Pray that God reveals to us how we can continue to honor her precious life. Pray that we're able to treasure our memories, laugh and smile rather than be sad about our loss. Depression is a powerful thing. We don't need any more of it.
3. Early January my cousin Laura lost one of her triplets in utero. Kate joined Em in Heaven. Though we never met Kate, this loss is a huge one.
4. Something happened with my Dad's job. Pray that God prepares a new position for him that is close to home or that God sends Mom and Dad to the area where they plan to retire. We are so thankful that Dad still has a job but we do miss his sweet face and his gentle laughter.
5. The twins were born 5-7 weeks before expected. They are so itty bitty.
6. Jacob wasn't doing very well and he went to Heaven to be with his sister & Em. Pray that my cousins are able to mourn the loss of Kate & Jacob, that their hearts heal and that they are able to focus on their surviving child - sweet Ella. I have prayed that these babies would someday exist. I have loved them as God created them and grew them in their mother's womb. Not being able to hold them and kiss them is so hard. I am a baby lover. Pray that Ella continues to develop. Pray that she puts on weight without any sidetracks in NICU. Pray that she is completely healthy and that she grows up to be a precious little girl.
7. My grandmother was diagnosed with cancer. Pray that she is strong and up for the fight. Pray that the radiation and chemo are effective and that her cancer starts to disappear. Pray that God's hand would supernaturally heal her.
8. I have a sweet and precious cousin whose Mama isn't raising him. Pray that the love he receives from the rest of the family is enough for his little heart. Pray that he is better because of his circumstances. Pray that his little heart isn't hardened against us or God.
9. A sister's heart is broken from a relationship. Pray that she is provided with strength and that she uses this opportunity to grow as an individual and to seek God's comfort.
10. A sister needs prayer as she battles with something personal. Pray that God heals her and makes her healthy.

We do have many things to praise God for. We do. I will admit, it is hard to see the sun through the storm. But it is there. And it shows its face as it peeks through the clouds every now and then. Life feels so unfair. Some days are extremely difficult to get through. This is a lot to carry. And I want to wallow in pity. We come from a family full of a crazy amount of love for one another. Some people laugh that I talk to each member of my family every few days [we're talking cousins, grandmas, sisters, aunts!]. We are super tight knit and I love it. When things get tough, we rally. I am so thankful for their example of love and faithfulness. I am blessed to have these fine people in my life. I know that God has something amazing planned for us. We just have to hang in there. On top of all this, I've been teaching 10th grade and somehow, I'm still married to my amazing husband [thank you for standing by me]. Life is full. Please forgive me if emails go unanswered, the blog looks a little weak, my house is dirty, or I sound like a lunatic when you do get to talk to me. I'm dealing. I'm learning. I'm growing. I'm still loving.

Any extra prayers you can share will forever be appreciated. Thank you for being part of my heart.

And because she makes life better, the oh so adorable Honey Girl
honey

4 comments:

Amanda Key said...

You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry that you have been through all of this heart ache.

Lulu's Journey said...

The power of prayer is an amazing thing that I sooo believe in. I will for sure add you and your loved ones to mine.... Only time will heal a heart but am a firm believer that it must be put in God's hands. You will soon see sunshine... Just believe!

Brandi Tejeda said...

Many prayers for you and your family.

JMHickerson said...

Sarah, You and the family are in my prayers. I'm so sorry you are having to go through all of this at once. You all will get through it.