Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Morning Song

One of my favorite lines from the praise and worship song Your Beloved is this...
Lord, it was Your voice that commands the morning

Inside, I groan when my alarm clock goes off each morning, but secretly I am thrilled to be up before the sun rises. I love that I get to enjoy a cup of coffee with hazelnut creamer as the dew rises and the colors of the morning sun appear in my rear view mirror. Most of all, I love that I drive through the country side and see life springing up on a daily basis. The grass is green in the pastures. Blue Bonnets, Indian Paintbrushes and other wildflowers crowd the grasses that grow along the highway. New baby calves appear and others grow brave enough to venture to the fence to graze. Every single day, I watch my amazing God COMMAND the morning. I watch as He speaks things into place. What a blessing it is to witness His work. I pray that I remain grateful for this and that I always notice such beauty in obscure places.

I've only moved 12 miles North. However, our surroundings are so very different from the apartment. I feel a little like "town has gone to country". I'm from the country, so I actually really appreciate this. The first morning I awoke in our new house, I heard a beautiful song. I glanced out my bedroom window, hoping for an opportunity to see whose voice this was. A beautiful yellow breasted bird sat on my fence, singing a flute like song. He keeps coming back which excites me so much. I've been trying to take his picture for a week and finally did so today. I googled "yellow breasted birds" and thought he may be a Chat. After asking my Dad, who has an insane amount of knowledge on the species of all sorts of critters, I've learned that he is a Meadowlark (Eastern?). Perfect for his name! Listen to his song!

Meet the Voice of the Morning-

click on the image to enlarge!

2 comments:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

How cool! I'm glad that you guys are settling in nicely and already have a visitor. Or maybe he thinks you guys are the visitors....ha, ha!

I agree that your dad has an insane amount of animal knowledge too! He is amazing and we are so thankful for him.

Love you guys!
Lyns
p.s. I'm so excited 'CRASH' is just right around the corner. I can't wait to hear about the amazing things you learn. Get ready! You are in for an incredible ride.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! I need to remember that our God does command the morning as i'm waking bright and early to a fussy baby.

And how great to have such a cheerful tune in the mornings! I love that sound!