Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pierce Daniel | Two Months

Pierce Man,

You are the sweetest baby I've ever met. I have fallen more in love with you every single day. You are so incredibly laid back and easy going. Today, I looked at your Daddy and told him that we're in trouble if all our babies are as sweet and cute as you.
DSC_2190edit

Eating - You love to nurse and are so terrific at it! Feeding you is super easy and I'm so grateful that we have the hang of it. You nurse every 2.5 - 3 hours for approximately 10 minutes and are satisfied. Sometimes, when sleep is more important, you make it longer. You have such a strong pull that milk rushes down your throat and you have to let go...then it squirts you in the face and you don't know what to think. I have to keep a cloth diaper under your chin so that milk doesn't run all over us. You're quite messy and require a wiping off several times a day. At night you've transitioned to nursing on just one side and then you fall back asleep!
DSC_2181edit

Sleeping - I can't decide if you're a better eater or sleeper. Oh, I've never been more filled with gratitude about anything the way that I am over a great sleeping baby. You nap on the go, wherever we are and you continually give me good stretches at night. We're making it, sweet thang!
DSC_2177edit

Measurements  -  At 6.5 weeks  you weighed 12lbs 8oz and were 22 inches long. You're gaining at rapid speed, my boy. Love how healthy you are. We are wearing 3-6 month clothing.
DSC_2175edit

Things You Do -
Curl your fingers/hand around my finger
Holding head up more and for longer
Pushing feet against me to "stand" when on my chest 
Starting to "talk" week 6
Belly laughed in sleep week 6
Waking only 2x and getting back in rocker - week 6
Smiling more
Sleep all the time!
DSC_2158edit

This Happened  -
Slept through a bath!
Started taking baths with Parker - week 7
Celebrated big brother's 3rd bday and got to see many family members and friends
Celebrated your first Easter. We didn't go anywhere or do anything special but we did enjoy the day together.
Another trip to the San Antonio Zoo with Mama, Parker, Colty and Sarabeth
First trip to SeaWorld with Mama and Parker to meet Jodi, Kane and Matt
First time to church at The Park with the Calks
First road trip -- we went to Nav to celebrate Rebekah's graduation
First Mother's Day with Mama...I'm so blessed to have my two baby boys
You got congested and had a hard time breathing.
Celebrated Mommy's 31st birthday
DSC_2154edit

You Like -
When your big brother talks to you. You're starting to respond more and more to him.
Being sat up in the crack/corner of the couch.

Mama Loves  -
That you're so relaxed and content. You're smiling more and are starting to talk/respond more to us when you're away.




No comments: